Thread: Colt SAA Peacemaker BB VS Pellet Version Accuracy Test

Colt SAA Peacemaker BB VS Pellet Version Accuracy Test

Hi guys, sorry its late but better late then never but im sure some of you have seen it anyway..

https://youtu.be/AXlW_Fmiy4g

This is my accuracy test comparison video of the BB and Pellets versions of the umarex colt SAA .45 peacemaker, in this video i do a shooting accuracy test but i also talk about some of the difference between the two version and also talk a little bit about the design fault that some of the BB versions are having with the inner barrel getting damaged from use.

Happy Shooting All..
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Thanks for that Marc.
    I won't comment on the result to ruin it ,but a clear winner IMO.

I think the 4 clicks thing is balls.
    Who wouldn't fully cock a gun anyway!

Hello mate, no problem
    Feel free to comment as you like more then happy to hear bad and good criticism.
    I totally agree with you on the four click issue thing..
    Happy shooting.
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Good comparison, I've been looking at the Dan Wesson 6" [pellet and wondering how accurate it would be, Im guessing probably similar?

Great vid Marc. One thing did occur to me. You used lead BBs and I wonder if there is any diff (accuracy wise) between using these and steel BBs?

I have an enquiring mind
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

Quote Originally Posted by JCB357 View Post
    Great vid Marc. One thing did occur to me. You used lead BBs and I wonder if there is any diff (accuracy wise) between using these and steel BBs?

I have an enquiring mind
    Hello mate, thank you.

Yeah i was using the H&N copper coated lead BB's (H&N smart shot), you are right there is a tiny difference in accuracy/consistency with those compared to steel BB's, i use the steel BB's in my semi autos so also tried those in the SAA's, but found the peacemaker prefers the H&N copper coated lead BB's it was more consistent with those over the ASG blaster and umarex zinc coated steel BB's.

ATB, Marc...

Colt SAA Peacemaker BB VS Pellet Version Accuracy Test

Hi Marc great video as always mate very informative. But there is only one clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender1972 View Post
    Good comparison, I've been looking at the Dan Wesson 6" [pellet and wondering how accurate it would be, Im guessing probably similar?
    Thank you.
    Yeah the pellet version of the 6" dan wesson could give roughly the same results although I have seen mixed accuracy results with those, but have also seen that with these too, the right pellets helps quite a bit too.

One thing the dan Wessons will not give you though is a nice trigger pull, but they have more user friendly sights that's for sure..
    I have had both though and much prefer the pellet peacemaker over the dan Wessons but that's just my personal preference, go hold them both mate and choose the one you like the most.
    ATB Marc

Quote Originally Posted by toysteam View Post
    Hi Marc great video as always mate very informative. But there is only one clear winner.
    Hi mate thanks a lot. Yup your right and if I would recommend one it would be the pellet version..