Quote Originally Posted by wadcutter View Post
stripped the rifle using neils guide and as expected all the red plastic seals had turned to mush, provisionally they can be replaced by o rings which I did I don't think the seal under the white inner piston seal is realy neaded its just a dust seal, the rifle cocks and fires but there is hardly any compression , I have read that the main piston has a inner piston that is oil filled and is pressurised so that you cant push the inner piston in if you know what I mean,it looks a bit of a bugger to take apart to check internal seals tried to get end bit off with moderate force but looks like it needs warming up with a hot air gun ,can anybody offer more help on this done as much research as I can and this piston is the problem, thanks again to neil and the professor for their help with this.
Hi,we have one of these ASI Supermatch rifles at our club,they are very low powered but very accurate,superb trigger.
I just Googled Gamo Supermatch and found an article by Pilkguns about these rifles and its Daisy 126 counterpart, if you havn't already seen it it may be worth a read?
We had our club rifle repaired by ASI when they were the Gamo FWB importer years ago and i remember it was returned with the latest type piston assembly fitted,i think the gunsmith was called Peter?nice guy spoke to him several times as we sent a couple of FWB 65 and 80's and my 300 to them for servicing.I know it was a long time back but a phone enquirey??you never know.
I assume the complete piston assembly poo28?on Chambers site is the thing you could do with?£45 if they had one!!!
Don.