Thread: asi/gamo mc supermatch target rifle help please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    there is no pressure in the piston ,i think that if you restore that to original its a lot of money for no real gain also i was dubious as to the quality of the seals seeing as there over 30 years old.it does not increase pressure it is there to reduce vibration as the pellet goes up the barrell
    its shooting consistently at 584 to 592 ft per second happy with that as its a target rifle
    I guess you could get clever and increase the compression but you would need to measure the distance between the piston and the end ..lump of plastecine ?
    but from mfemory its about 2mm so any increase would be marginal
    cheers ian
    Hi, Now one of us is telling fibs ?
    You are getting the above velocities & The ram is not charged !!!!!!

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spgama126.htm

I have all the output figures with & without the gas ram " Charged & Empty "
    The above gives an output of around 450 Fps with an empty gas ram ,
    I might add , I did get clever , This was a number of years ago, But I still have the rifle & A spare action with
    a much higher output,

( It reminds me of a member claiming 12 Fpe for a Swedish Excellent ) I have had a couple & still have
    a Bhaco , ( The fore-runner ) 12 Fpe , Dream on .

Show us all your Pics & Info & I will show mine, We all like Pics,
    I might add that I was told via a very reliable source , That the Gamo pistons were rebuilt & Charged by an Older man in Spain,
    When he retired Gamo no longer repaired piston, I can Re-charge them & any Aftermarket gas ram, Its in the archives?
    Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 25-08-2016 at 12:34 PM.