Thread: asi/gamo mc supermatch target rifle help please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

asi/gamo mc supermatch target rifle help please.

I only went and picked up one of these really neat rifles knowing they are almost non repairable (by most airgun bodgers) but I got it anyway,they have a complex air system that is prone to failure with seals and all that stuff this rifle is in very good nick but is more dead than alive,i have done some research and these have been mentioned before on the bbs and I know that people have re engineered them and used different seals and all sorts of things,right before I get the butchers knife out and rip its guts out to see what makes it tick is there anybody out there who knows how to repair these dam things, I know even gamo wont touch one with a barge pole, its a pity they are supposed to be really good when working,any help appreciated thanks.

I don't know anything about these Gamos, apart from what I've read on here, but I guess if anyone can help it would be Lawrie Amatruda, whose profile is here.

Good luck with it, they look nice rifles, and I am sure it will be fun when it's sorted.

Matt

edit to add: Looking at this thread, it might also be worth messaging gedfinn 2 and asking about his experiences.
    Last edited by Nikkormat; 05-08-2016 at 06:40 PM.

I did one of these for a feature in Airgunner magazine and I think it was published sometime in 2015. There are two types of main piston seal. They are both for 30mm diameter compression tubes, but one has a 22mm internal diameter and the other has a 24mm internal diameter and they are not interchangeable. These seals are very rare, if not now impossible to source, as are the firing valves and seals. They are fairly simple to strip, but as I have said, getting hold of spares will be your main problem.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by wadcutter View Post
    I only went and picked up one of these really neat rifles knowing they are almost non repairable (by most airgun bodgers) but I got it anyway,they have a complex air system that is prone to failure with seals and all that stuff this rifle is in very good nick but is more dead than alive,i have done some research and these have been mentioned before on the bbs and I know that people have re engineered them and used different seals and all sorts of things,right before I get the butchers knife out and rip its guts out to see what makes it tick is there anybody out there who knows how to repair these dam things, I know even gamo wont touch one with a barge pole, its a pity they are supposed to be really good when working,any help appreciated thanks.
    Why not try the BBS archives ? just a search, A number of threads & Pics.
    Ged.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hlight=gedfinn

Neil did indeed do a strip, reseal and rebuild of these rifles in Airgunner, but it was the April (strip) and May (rebuild) 2016 editions. He got new seals from Knibbs so it may be worth a phone call to them.

If you get stuck for copies of his articles I will sort out a copy for you if you give me a couple of days. Just let me know.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Neil did indeed do a strip, reseal and rebuild of these rifles in Airgunner, but it was the April (strip) and May (rebuild) 2016 editions. He got new seals from Knibbs so it may be worth a phone call to them.

If you get stuck for copies of his articles I will sort out a copy for you if you give me a couple of days. Just let me know.

Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil, I was going from the date on the original document that I did.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

asi supermatch

phil thanks for the offer on the stripdown article by neil if you can sort it,also thanks to the other guy I am well aware of lawrie I know he does good work on guns I will see what happens with neils stripdown guide.

Hopefully scans of Neil's guide sent to your e mail address. If they do not arrive, do not hesitate to let me know and I will try again.

Cheers, Phil