Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: asi/gamo mc supermatch target rifle help please.

supermatch

I understand exactly what you are saying about the way the piston and valve operate but I am still no wiser on how to fix it, it cocks and fires but almost no power but I have not stripped the piston to see whats in it,as far as I know it has to have some oil in it and a air gap but I could be wrong this thing is giving me brain ache,all I did initially was change the rotted seals for o rings that seemed to fit but the inner piston you can push in and you should not be able to so till I look inside the piston im still a bit stuck but im getting there.

hi all
    gedfinn reread my post re trigger piston
    the vibration i and 18 wheeler was referring too
    is the oscilation of the barrell as the pellett travels up it
    you should read sigge olofsson on this ..he designed it and the lgr for walther..

wadcutter
    if you unscrew the back of the piston and fill with chemical metal or other two pack you can always nock it back out
    personnally not had to touch mine for a year since i fixed it
    check that it doesn't leak through the trigger piston as these will have perished replace large seal with two o rings and the other with a flat seal as i said i used the soft pkastic seal from a kitchen sink and made a punch
    these will both need a spot of silicon oil also the breech o ring i would replace as its probably hard?...
    cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    there is no pressure in the piston ,i think that if you restore that to original its a lot of money for no real gain also i was dubious as to the quality of the seals seeing as there over 30 years old.it does not increase pressure it is there to reduce vibration as the pellet goes up the barrell
    its shooting consistently at 584 to 592 ft per second happy with that as its a target rifle
    I guess you could get clever and increase the compression but you would need to measure the distance between the piston and the end ..lump of plastecine ?
    but from mfemory its about 2mm so any increase would be marginal
    cheers ian
    Hi, Now one of us is telling fibs ?
    You are getting the above velocities & The ram is not charged !!!!!!

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spgama126.htm

I have all the output figures with & without the gas ram " Charged & Empty "
    The above gives an output of around 450 Fps with an empty gas ram ,
    I might add , I did get clever , This was a number of years ago, But I still have the rifle & A spare action with
    a much higher output,

( It reminds me of a member claiming 12 Fpe for a Swedish Excellent ) I have had a couple & still have
    a Bhaco , ( The fore-runner ) 12 Fpe , Dream on .

Show us all your Pics & Info & I will show mine, We all like Pics,
    I might add that I was told via a very reliable source , That the Gamo pistons were rebuilt & Charged by an Older man in Spain,
    When he retired Gamo no longer repaired piston, I can Re-charge them & any Aftermarket gas ram, Its in the archives?
    Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 25-08-2016 at 12:34 PM.

jed finn i
    n what way is my piston empty
    if you wish to call me a liar i suggest we meet and you can do it to my face
    you post no information you just argue people

supermatch

calm down boys im sure your both right , now once and for all will it work with the piston blanked off if so can you be a bit more specific on how you did it making a seal for the little poppet firing valve out of a kitchen sink plastic seal, or does the piston have to be charged in a pressure chamber but to what pressure (did see some article mention about 350 psi if I remember correct) I could possibly rig something up making an adapter to a din charging gauge and starting with low pressure to see if it works then add more till it cant be pushed in or it just works with reasonable pressure.

supermatch

just checked the pilkguns article piston charged at 600 to 750 psi, I wonder what stops the piston being blown out the cylinder, got to get that thing apart as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, Now one of us is telling fibs ?
    You are getting the above velocities & The ram is not charged !!!!!!

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spgama126.htm

I have all the output figures with & without the gas ram " Charged & Empty "
    The above gives an output of around 450 Fps with an empty gas ram ,
    I might add , I did get clever , This was a number of years ago, But I still have the rifle & A spare action with
    a much higher output,

( It reminds me of a member claiming 12 Fpe for a Swedish Excellent ) I have had a couple & still have
    a Bhaco , ( The fore-runner ) 12 Fpe , Dream on .

Show us all your Pics & Info & I will show mine, We all like Pics,
    I might add that I was told via a very reliable source , That the Gamo pistons were rebuilt & Charged by an Older man in Spain,
    When he retired Gamo no longer repaired piston, I can Re-charge them & any Aftermarket gas ram, Its in the archives?
    Ged.

Now then Ged

Before intimating that a relatively new member to the BBS is a liar, perhaps you'd do well to remember that we're still all waiting on photographic evidence from your good self showing your "Recoiless Twin Opposed Piston Relum", that you claim puts out 19ftlbs of muzzle energy.

All the best Mick

hi wadcutter
    cant remember where exactly but if you follow the pilk gun article and read all the comments someone there come to the same conclusions as me and filled it with too pack filler and had the same results as a fully repaired one ,remember this article comees from mid 2000 ...so i reasoned that filler is not as hard as tool steel and i could knock it out if necessary with a small oring on the front to fill the space and one in the second groove...i left the rear one in place its important to make it flat across the top to start with....

the trigger seal....on a spannish site they used an o ring....and reported 1 hours staying loaded... i could not get one that was a good fit and lasted more than 50 shots
    then made a punch by chamfering the edge of a piece of pipe, to punch out flat washers.....make a mark with punch then use suitable pointy thing down middle of pipe
    to mark the center.. i then use a multi hole punch like pliers with rotating punch sizes ....use the smallest then punch out seal
    when the gun is ready to go into the stock there is a small allen key to adjust the pressure on the seal when cocked i would instal and fire it 10 tines( no pelletts to warm it up and adjust again you will need to do this every so often . i have tried other materials but they either didn't work or disintergrated after a while......did think about making one out of leather but you would have to take it out to oil it fairly often....
    you can adjust the length of the cocking mech at the trigger end to control the cocking of the trigger there is maybe 5mm of adjustment
    if your really worried about the piston,then
    im in brighton on the out skirts 400m from the end of motorway
    come and have a go on mine then we'll open it up and you can see what i have done
    cheers ian

sorry wadcutter just seen where you live.....
    busy now till tuesday but after will film gun firing and then strip it without stopping the film so you can see the insides

technically theres no way those seals would take that amount of pressure and retain oil and if it did
    that would lessen pressure as the air chamber.would be bigger..
    if it self pressureises then it must depressurise as well
    again oil every where .
    this is why as the seals deteriorate people report thick oil every where looking at the traces left in mine its used car oil
    cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by t 20 View Post
    now then ged

before intimating that a relatively new member to the bbs is a liar, perhaps you'd do well to remember that we're still all waiting on photographic evidence from your good self showing your "recoiless twin opposed piston relum", that you claim puts out 19ftlbs of muzzle energy.

All the best mick
    :d. :d
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    jed finn i
    n what way is my piston empty
    if you wish to call me a liar i suggest we meet and you can do it to my face
    you post no information you just argue people
    New post mate,
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 27-08-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Now then Ged

Before intimating that a relatively new member to the BBS is a liar, perhaps you'd do well to remember that we're still all waiting on photographic evidence from your good self showing your "Recoiless Twin Opposed Piston Relum", that you claim puts out 19ftlbs of muzzle energy.

All the best Mick
    Ha ha, As your well aware I only post sub 12 Fpe info,
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 27-08-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Ha ha, As your well aware I only post sub 12 Fpe info,
    I also remember you calling my Mercury , with moving piston weight p& Ptfe glided poor engineering ( This after " That "Semi Recoiless " rust bucket you posted)

Where are your Pics, I am sure we would all like to see.
    I could do with another laugh.Where are your updated guns & Machining, posts & Credentials ?
    I posted Pics of the twin piston gun ! I posted no more after the flak, from yourself & Hsing lee.
    Here you go Ged, knock yourself out, and by the way all the other posts I've ever made on here are still intact :-

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....17#post5258717

The gun is still working perfectly as many forum members who have visited my place can confirm, and BBS member Chipendale will be borrowing it to take home with him next weekend.

Now I've seen these picture more than once but I've never actually seen a finished gun, so perhaps you'd care to show some ?

It looks as though one of us made a fully functioning recoiless gun, the other just made a mess in his workshop --- I'll let the forum members decide which is which.

< & Also condoning & removing a Pic & Thread of a mate of yours who arranged to buy a gun & barrel off me !
    Nepotism springs to mind ( I will explain the word later )

Get your own house in order< I still have the notification ! I can post anywhere
    All the best, Ged.
    Now, having levelled a false allegation at me, Ged, you better explain very carefully and in great detail what the hell it is you're on about, as your next post could very well be your last one ever on here.

Your call

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 29-08-2016 at 12:59 PM.

These rifles are not difficult to repair, I've done a few.

The inner piston, for 10mtr/6yd target use, once depressurised is best blanked off. ther are various ways of doing this, i usually make a solid "O" ringed version.

Velocity will/should be around 580fps with 8gn pllets & the rifle will be no harder to cock than a Walther LGR.

supermatch

try again, helm if you can show me how you did your repair that would be great I can get my head round how you made the seals just the way you did, as for wonky donkey looks like he has done what I had in mind I was thinking of somekind of plastic rod with an oring groove each end to blank the piston off so if mr wonky donky can give my any more info on that issue that will be great,not had time to see to rifle tying to fix car at the moment,so come on guys show me how you did it,by the way there was a article on some pisol forum where someone made a tiny polyurethane seal on a lathe also showed 3 o rings work on the firing valve as well,got myself a micro lathe just in case.