Thread: Remington express setback trigger

Remington express setback trigger

I recently bought a standard new Remington express , wood stocked,standard rifle . it only shoots at 9.5 I lbs ( being underpowered is a common complaint despite being advertised as full power). So will have to do bit of tinkering with that. The worst thing that is well documented in reviews is the long trigger reach. Also although atwo stage is poor. After a bit of tinternet research I found a custom brass setback trigger by ARC tuning ( Lyn Lewington ) . Instructions and with advice about adjusting first and second stage. Took 1/2 hour to fit and has transformed the trigger. The remy seems to be basically a version of the Rekord in design. I stained the chequering darker as I think was too light . Now to tackle the power issue . I see tin bum do a tuning kit. Hopefully will end up with a nice wee rifle to plink with

Hi, I'd be interested to see how you get on. I've got one of these in 177 but it was around 11.5 out of the box with around 15fps consistency.
    I must admit though I haven't checked since having a couple of tins through it, but I will be now
    I've also started to notice some small swarf particles around the breach which really can't be a good sign.

I fitted a needle washer at the guide end, added preload and aids the spring to uncoil. Brought my .177 upto 11.4fpe with standard Spring and ultra smooth firing cycle. Trigger sounds interesting I fitted a hw trigger blade which made a big difference. Great rifles for little money

Express

I'm very pleased with my mods. , German Spring , trigger set back , sitting about 11.5 ,