Thread: 10m air pistol training at home without 10m

10m air pistol training at home without 10m

Hi,
    Looking for some 10 m home training advice, I work too many hours to commit to a regular club. Now I can set up a 6m range at home, if I scale down my target to 60% will my training be realistic and beneficial? Will I be able to transition to a full 10m range with little fuss? Or will I just pick up bad habits? Your advice and experiences please.

Regards...
    Ultra SE, Steyr LP10 (soon from Santa)

A correct 6 yard target (nsra Air8) set to the right distance and height is a great training tool for 10 mtr and will give an identical sight picture to a 10mtr target at 10mtrs, (6 yard targets are basically scaled down proportionally) bad habits will only develop if you let them, in the same way good technique can also develop by practising correctly, I use 6 yard for regular training and it works great,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

To stay sharp and to give some focus to your training you could enter the 6 yard MPL competition.

This would use the same NSRA targets Nige has mentioned and enable you to track your progress and to give you the opportunity to experience what happens when you place a sticker on a target !

Few ( if any) competitors who have entered the 6 yard MPL series have been able to beat their current 10 meter average - proving that the "scaled down" 6 yard targets are directly proportional to the standard 10 meter air pistol target.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Adam201,

Go to the SCATT website and download their 'SCATT Profesional' software:

http://www.scatt.com/downloads/70/downloads/

It allows you to print ('Tools' --> 'Print Target') 10m targets scaled to whatever distance you like.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thumbs up

Many thanks guys for your responses. The 6yard targets seem the way to go, I'm glad to learn that sight picture will be same at 10m.
    Regards...
    Ultra SE, Steyr LP10 (soon from Santa)

Ive used this link to print out targets, gives 5, 6 and 7 meter versions.
    http://www.gun-shots.net/free-printa...b-latino.shtml
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

"Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    Great link!
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by subdvr View Post
    Great link!
    would have been better if i spelt try instead of thy
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    would have been better if i spelt try instead of thy
    I thort you was horribly drunk.