Thread: pistol scopes

pistol scopes

does anyone use pistol scopes? if so which ones?
    Springer fanatic

Hi Dougie....yes i've got a few pistols and 4 different pistol scopes...at the moment i've got a Bushnell 2-6x32 trophy on my Steyr LP50(great optics,but probably too much money for a pistol scope),a simmons 4x32(good optics),a NCStar 2.5x30(surprising little scope for the money) and a NCStar 4x32 with illuminated ret(again not too bad)......the thing you have to consider though is the balance of magnification against how much your hand shakes....the Bushnell shows this off perfectly,at 2 mag target is small but steady,but on 6 mag the target is nice and big but you shake like a shi**ing dog ;-).....if you decide on buying one ,drop me a line first as i am looking to maybe part with a couple.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Dougie,
    like ChrisC I also have a Simmons 4x32 it's mounted on top of my Rohm although I do have a red dot too. I often alternate between the two.
    be wary of the higher mag pistol scopes I have found 4x useable but would probably prefer the facility to use a lower mag. A 2-6x would probably be my ideal but I can't envisage ever using higher than 4x myself.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

cheers for the info guys its to fit onto a eb17
    Springer fanatic

chris ballard Guest
    Depends what sort of shooting you're doing.

If its just plinking (serious plinking of course ) then the old Hawke red dots are quite good, reasonably priced, and quickish (and good fun both eyes open).

If you are doing serious precision stuff, well, the guys using the Rohm etc seem to have said it all, and are out of my league anyway

I use one on my Hurricane, its lots of fun, but I wont be entering any comps with it

haha just plinking really m8 what do you use on the hurricane?
    Springer fanatic

chris ballard Guest
    Now you've got me.

I think there's an RD30,40,50. I use an RD40. Its got a nice bright dot on a rheostat you can turn up for sunny or down for gloomy ... If the dot gets a bit glary or over spills the target spot, try turning it down a bit.

I can get big (bloody big...40mm ish) chalkies at 15m, but it does work quite well and you can shoot both eyes open quite easily if you want (ala singlepoint).

On the hurricane, you only need the front 2 inches (actually, a small bolt on strip would have done in place of the rear sight). I cut the plastic adaptor down to the first strengthening bulkhead and gave it a polish and it works fine. Otehrwise, you get a couple of inches of plastic overhanging the back.

Uses a CR2032 button cell, gotta remember to switch the bugger off though. I always have a spare and a driver in the pistol box just in case as its useless without a battery.

Well made little scope as it goes. Think mine cost £30-40.

Not a lot of help I know, but I only shoot it occasionally for a bit of fun Goes really well with dynamics...the pellet does'nt apologise and crawl up to the target but wrecks the thing
    Last edited by chris ballard; 16-08-2005 at 10:29 AM.

cheers people will have a think
    Springer fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie_fn12
    cheers for the info guys its to fit onto a eb17
    Hi Dougie... What kind of barrel mounts have you got on the EB, as I'm looking for some.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

ive been told pro blox but im not sure,ive got a pair of pro blox so il try them and let u know m8
    Springer fanatic