Thread: Thanks to Atherton Indoor Range

Thanks to Atherton Indoor Range

After a good rummage at Adlington Airgun Fair I took the chance to visit the range for the first time.
    Just want to say thanks for a friendly, patient, and supportive experience.
    Great facility and company

Thank you so much, and we're really glad you enjoyed yourself! Hope we you come again soon

So when did this happen, and how come I never heard about it :-(

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    So when did this happen, and how come I never heard about it :-(
    It was advertised on here is several sections: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=Adlington and http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=Adlington
    plus various other airgun forums and all the local gun shops for months in advance.

Rivington Riflemen raise £650 for Cancer Research due to this event and dozens of visitors went away with loads of bargains (e.g. a boxed FWB300 for £190 )

We hope to repeat the event, with plenty of advanced notice late 2017.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Ohh the August one ... I thought the had been another one this weekend !

Quote Originally Posted by mikehill View Post
    Ohh the August one ... I thought the had been another one this weekend !
    If there was, nobody told me!

The o.p. posted just after the event in August and it was then resurrected recently.

Dont worry there will be plenty of advance notice, (Airgun mags, Forums, notices in local gun shops etc.) before the next one in late 2017.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    It was advertised on here is several sections: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=Adlington and http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=Adlington
    plus various other airgun forums and all the local gun shops for months in advance.

Rivington Riflemen raise £650 for Cancer Research due to this event and dozens of visitors went away with loads of bargains (e.g. a boxed FWB300 for £190 )

We hope to repeat the event, with plenty of advanced notice late 2017.

ATB
    Ian
    Job well done for a great cause. Did it manage to make the pages of the MEN? It is only bad news about airguns that gets around these days.

Regards,

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Job well done for a great cause. Did it manage to make the pages of the MEN? It is only bad news about airguns that gets around these days.

Regards,

A.G

It didn't mange to make the pages of anything including the airgun magazines. I e-mailed the magazines months in advance and a local contributor said he would attend and do a small article. Nothing.
    When I received the receipt from the charity on the 26th August (these things have to be seen to be done 100% correctly) I sent a copy with a covering letter to both Airgun World and Airgunner. I havent seen anything in print yet but theres still time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=52
    Last edited by I. J.; 25-09-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Thank's to Ian's work publicising and contacting collectors, we had 15 tables with a wide variety of collectibles , spare parts, and various other items of interest to airgunners.

Refreshments at modest prices were available on the day.

As stated, it is intended to run another event around Sept, Oct or Nov 2017.

This will be publicised again as widely as possible so keep your eyes open on this forum next year.

Many thanks to all who contributed in any way to make the event a success.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    It didn't mange to make the pages of anything including the airgun magazines. I e-mailed the magazines months in advance and a local contributor said he would attend and do a small article. Nothing.
    When I received the receipt from the charity on the 26th August (these things have to be seen to be done 100% correctly) I sent a copy with a covering letter to both Airgun World and Airgunner. I havent seen anything in print yet but theres still time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=52
    We are our own worst enemy at times.

A.G

Hope it's not late October/November. Up to our necks in Poppy Appeal

I missed my weekend ( saturday morning gone ) AIR fix.

As said above by others, the venues great and still growing, anyone who has not yet been to the Atherton Indoor range, should take a look.

The club has ample space for shooting, no time restraints on how long you can shoot, just pull up a chair shoot in a warm comfortable friendly environment, what more do you need. Oh there's grub and refreshments on demand also with a dedicated lounge.

ATB

Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Hope it's not late October/November. Up to our necks in Poppy Appeal
    Early Oct probably is the best time. Everyone is back from holidays ( that is if we still have them next year ) and the Sept blues is hopefully over.
    Any later and we will hit the Xmas madness.

A.G