Thread: Tanfoglio 1911

Tanfoglio 1911

I'm having a few issues with my Tanfoglio 1911 BB, every now and then it slips into full auto, I've heard from a few people that they're great when they work but not the most reliable as I seem to be finding. Has anyone else had this? If so do you know how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender1972 View Post
    I'm having a few issues with my Tanfoglio 1911 BB, every now and then it slips into full auto, I've heard from a few people that they're great when they work but not the most reliable as I seem to be finding. Has anyone else had this? If so do you know how to fix it?
    I had this and I think its to do with the blowback sticking open. Remove the slide and see if the bb feeder (thin black plastic square rod) on blowback unit is springing back and not sticking in the forcing cone when you push the barrel forward. A drop of oil on the blowback piston and/or using a nail file to remove any excess plastic on rod to stop it sticking may help. The knocker you can see come forward when trigger is pulled' looking down magwell from top needs to be "not stuck" also. There are a few possible issues that can occur with these guns but are worth persevering with. Over time you'll learn fixes for all. Just keep asking on here. Hope this is a help. I've had every possible issue and my original TW is still going strong. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Thanks for the reply, Ill take a look when I get home and see if that helps