Thread: Webley Hurricane telescopic sight

Webley Hurricane telescopic sight

I am looking for a good Webley Hurricane telescopic sight 1.5x15 with original attached mount any ideas please,
    cheers,
    Mark.

I have the full kit.
    Early version boxed Hurricane pistol in .22 cal.
    Good condition. Shoots well.
    Comes with all the bits, paperwork, allen key, targets, open sights with the 'often lost' front sight hood, and (Japan) 1.5X Webley pistol scope and fitting bracket.
    There's a small dent on the scope, and the outer box lid is rough, but there's a full tin of Webley Special pellets included.
    Pictures here.
    Price £120. Posted to your door.

Phil
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 16-08-2016 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Pictures link

Thanks Phil, its only the scope and bracket im after.
    But out of interest could you post a few pics,
    regards.

Protek Supplies stock the mount.

I have an unused "new old stock" Hurricane / Typhoon scope rail.

Few minor marks from storage.

Looking for offers around £15 posted / paypal.

Thanks Geezer now ordered from Protek, thanks Philip but they are only £8 from Protek,
    still after a scope if anybody has one, Rooti McNote might be interested in yours as I cant seem to find a scope, any pics?

Sorry Phil just noticed the pic link, yes please, send me your paypal addy and I'll get that sorted today.

Webley pistol scopes

Quite often come up at reasonable prices (£15-25), but unless you're a collector I don't see the point. They're a beggar to set up (much shimming with foil or neg film needed to get anywhere near zeroed). Then they will loosen off after a few dozen shots.
    I've got a few Hurricanes & a Tempest, & much prefer to use the click rear sight they inherited from the Hawk.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Thanks laverdabru, you are right, they are rubbish, it may never get used, but from time to time I will look at the boxed gun that is the same as the one I had and remember what great fun I had trying to set it up when I was young, I will also remember my mate shooting me in the leg with my own gun (I still have the scare) and that will make me smile and right there that smile would be worth the money

Haha, nice story Mark. I hope you enjoy the pistol.

ATB - Phil

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by madpup View Post
    Thanks laverdabru, you are right, they are rubbish, it may never get used, but from time to time I will look at the boxed gun that is the same as the one I had and remember what great fun I had trying to set it up when I was young, I will also remember my mate shooting me in the leg with my own gun (I still have the scare) and that will make me smile and right there that smile would be worth the money
    That's as good a reason as any! I got mine 'cos my big bro' insisted the new fangled 'plastic' Webley pistols (Hurricane, Tempest) & their attachments were rubbish 'back in the day' & I wasn't allowed to spend my saved up pocket money on them...He's now long passed on. And I've got a drawer full of them...

All the best

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I had one on my Typhoon as a kid. It had all the drawbacks of a pistol scope, with the addition of making the gun look really weird, unbalancing it, and wobbling about all over the place because of its rearward positioning. I quickly went back to iron sights.

There is a 2x15 on the bay just now, which is quite rare and might make quite a funky Teleskan on a rifle, but the guy wants £45 for it, which is too rich for me. They do come up there fairly often, and sell usually for less than that.

Many thanks Philip all good (y)