Thread: Fun with a hurricane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fun with a hurricane

Having got into pistols lately, after buying a pcp and x2 co2 was wanting a springer to try. Just bought a Webley hurricane off here as it was near mint and boxed. Had a go on Sunday and was very surprised how well it shot, ok not as accurate as my brocock but very satisfying when you hit a target. The open sights are excellent for my eyes and packs a punch for a light weight. Not bad for its age. Was thinking of an original next any thoughts?

Hurricane

Hi, I've had a Hurricane and more recently a Tempest, I liked them both but found I missed my target more often than not. Got various bb pistols, fun but not accurate. Bought a Gamo compact, Ok but kinda plastiky! Then got an Original mod 6, Wow! Very high quality pistol and so accurate it surprised me. Now bought a mint Original mod10 in original case. Can't recommend these older pistols enough. John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

I was thinking of a model 5 due to cost. The 10 looks a top pistol, what's the 6 like?

6M and 10M are proper match pistols.

6G (no recoil) and 5 (recoil) are spoiled by the fixed front sight hood IMHO. Makes them next to impossible for shooting at a match card.

Accuracy...

Five shots freestanding at six yards with my .22 Hurricane. How accurate do you want?

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...psxmhhhmkk.jpg

I love mine. It's got quite a stiff trigger, but once you get used to it, it's a hell of a good pistol for the price.

I'd try a Gamo Compact next if you feel you want something more accurate.

Bonedome.

Having owned most models of Webley pistols starting with a pre war Junior I've found that my early Hurricane in .22 is the most accurate of the lot... Currently have a Senior, Premier, Tempest & a couple of later Hurricanes, Did have a recoilless 6M for a while, but found it a bit too 'clinical'. Wish I still had it tho'.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedome View Post
    Five shots freestanding at six yards with my .22 Hurricane. How accurate do you want?

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...psxmhhhmkk.jpg

I love mine. It's got quite a stiff trigger, but once you get used to it, it's a hell of a good pistol for the price.

I'd try a Gamo Compact next if you feel you want something more accurate.

Bonedome.
    Be better if the pellets actually made it all the way through the cardboard