Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pp700 sa

Pp700 sa

I've just had a look at the new PP700 pcp pistol from SMK and it looks like it will make a great target gun. The remodelled barrel shroud looks very LP10 in style and has groves as if for barrel weights. Also the rear sight blade is attached with a dovetail that I hope will soon accommodate a fully adjustable sight. More good news is that the grip isn't a dodgey green colour.
    Last edited by GRAZY; 19-08-2016 at 02:00 PM.

only thing they cost £100 more than the old one.

My experience with SMK PP 700 pcp psitol

My experience with SMK PP 700pcp pistol on 20 August 2016.

I had been waiting to purchase one of these pistols for several months as I wanted the open sight model.

My first impressions were favourable and the rather loud green grips of the first model had been replaced by a much darker colour. On the whole I was impressed and it was nicely weighted and fitted my size 10 hands. I did notice that the rear sight only had adjustability for Windage and there was no provision whatsoever for elevation or depression which effectively means you have a fixed range and then you have to estimate by eye.

I took it to the range and filled it to 200 bar, then I placed a paper target out at 10 yards which I was hitting with ease, I then proceeded to the usual silhouettes HFT targets out to 27 yards at that range I was hitting the target surround but not the kill zone, it was quite windy.

I had fired a total of 50 pellets approximately when I loaded a pellet into the breech and closed it, I then tried to cock the hammer! The trigger would not engage I asked my colleagues on the range to see if they could cock the pistol they too had no success.

I returned the pistol to the shop for a refund which I received.

My colleague has the first model (2) without sights and uses a red dot sights of his guns; those guns have been used to train the local Scout group and Army Cadets and have shot many thousands of rounds without any problems, other than requiring lubrication and cleaning.

I am alone in my experience of the new model?
    Last edited by Fred16; 04-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Pp700 sa

I have the first model of the PP700w PCP Pistol and its an amazing pistol to shoot. I have equipped mine with a black rubber grip sleeve and its also wears an AGS 2x20 Pistol Scope resting on BKL mounts. A lovely piece of kit.
    Last edited by toysteam; 26-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.

What calibre would you guys recommend for the standard PP 700?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginbear View Post
    What calibre would you guys recommend for the standard PP 700?
    ive owned both, and found the 177.cal to be more accurate, but for pinking tin cans ect 22,was better.

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    ive owned both, and found the 177.cal to be more accurate, but for pinking tin cans ect 22,was better.
    Thanks for the reply. What was the shot count difference in the calibres and which did you feel was the overall better pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginbear View Post
    Thanks for the reply. What was the shot count difference in the calibres and which did you feel was the overall better pistol?
    cant remember the shot count, but did not notice any difference. if i did purchase one again i would go for the 177.caliber.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I just got back from this weekends Boinger Bash where I spent most of my time using the pp700. (Previous model with the nicer green grips) Several of us had them and the 30 yard bell target was regularly hit despite the crosswind.

I even hit the 65mm Quigley Bucket target from 75 yards, the first time a pistol has done this!

The open sights are gash and for old men who smell of wee, get the cheaper one, fit a scope and hit everything you aim at!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Scopes on pistols are for girls.

Pp700 sa

gingernut

My .177 PP700w pistol using AA Diablo 4.52 and 8.4gr pellets I can achieve 80 accurate shots at targets. scopes are needed if your eyesight is naff.

hi , i dont get in this sec much but iv 1 put aside for me at a good price, i think. atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    You should have seen them all, poncing around the place with rifle scopes bolted on their 'this week's new fashion' pistols.

And if you haven't got one - you're not in their gang.

I had a shot on Bruce Allum's example (one of the more reasonable gang members it's fair to say). I'd describe the trigger action as how it feels to pull your coat through a rusty barbed wire fence.

As for hitting the Quigley bucket once - what is it they say about enough monkeys and typewriters to accidentally produce the works of Shakespeare...?

Each to there own and I'm sure it was fun.

But the whole point of pistol shooting is you are using a light gun as an extension of your body and what's left of your faculties.
    Add a scope and its a video game.

hi just got mine today, but iv a bit of a problem . when i fill to 150 bar air leaks between the tube and the silver bit.i will ring up 1st thing inmorning. atb mick