Thread: Anschutz 250 match...problem

Anschutz 250 match...problem

Got one of these which I am selling for a friend. Cocked it today to try it and the lever will not return to the closed position? any ideas folks or will it have to be sold spares or repair? Mach 1.5

Mach 1.5,

Spares/service kits can be had from :

http://www.customgunparts.co.uk/page7.html

I don't know if they can do the servicing work themselves, but it might be worth asking ?

It seems that this is perhaps not a rare occurrence :

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=43912

Might be worth PM'ing Garvin here on 'BBS.

Benelli B76 (here on 'BBS) has rebuilt one (Post #5) :

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....d-anschutz-250

Have fun & a good Sunday,

Best regards

Russ

250 Match

Many thanks for the input and help. Regards Mach 1.5

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Well, I bought this rifle, lever stuck out and all! The lever non return issue is definately ABT related, but temporarily disabling it allowed the gun to be fired. A few shots later and the piston buffer disintegrated, the breech seal followed and I managed to get a bunch of pellets stuck in the barrel before I found this out. On stripping I found the leaking hydraulics crammed with grease instead of ATF!

It has been a long time since I've bought a rifle I've been more pleased with. I can't wait to get this problem child shooting properly to show those oh so predictable FWB 300s shooters what they're missing. I love it!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Well, I bought this rifle, lever stuck out and all! The lever non return issue is definately ABT related, but temporarily disabling it allowed the gun to be fired. A few shots later and the piston buffer disintegrated, the breech seal followed and I managed to get a bunch of pellets stuck in the barrel before I found this out. On stripping I found the leaking hydraulics crammed with grease instead of ATF!

It has been a long time since I've bought a rifle I've been more pleased with. I can't wait to get this problem child shooting properly to show those oh so predictable FWB 300s shooters what they're missing. I love it!
    When you've finished, I wonder if I can interest you in a Titan Bearcat that I (and the previous owner) have royally f***ed up??

(sorry for the drive-by thread hijacking).

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Nick I've posted pretty much all you may need on this thread

ATB
    Dave

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Ta-Daaaaa!!!

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps7rjlke8k.jpg

My hydraulic service kit, piston buffer and breech seal arrived today, so it was back on the bench for a rebuild. The central rod in the unit was missing a C clip, that meant it wasnt moving the way it should. Thinkng that tgrough I worked out that was the reason the ABT actuator was all over the shop!
    Everything has been cleaned, polished and relubed with hi moly paste and the difference is amazing! From a lurchy, crunchy cycle which barely moved the pellet up the barrel its changed to a smooth yet sharp recoilless cracker thats pushing JSB's out at 7.8ft/lb and Hobbies at 7.2ft/lb

With parts and bipod it has cost me £216, and now its serviced it should be ready for another 50 years of use.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Fantastic.

I'd like to have another go on the massive old Hector, now its working proper.