Last year I bought a boxed late Tempest .177 from the small ads at the back of one of the airgun mags. Couldn't believe my luck, not a mark, original paperwork, I'd phoned about 6 weeks after the mag had come out, still available, mine for £65.
Then I tried shooting it. At 6 yards, holding it 2 handed, it was about 4" to the right of the bull, even with the rear sight moved to the full extent of it's travel.
Fitted a set of the excellent walnut grips - as I do to all my Wobbleys - available from a gent on here. No difference.
Put it back into the box.
Due to a degenerative right shoulder condition, haven't done much pistol shooting this year. Today, thought I'd break out the Tempest & give it another go. No change, still 4" out at 6 yards. Tried all the tricks, checking my breath control, same grip, follow through, various types of pellet - no difference.
Then, (due to pain in my shoulder) I held the gun in my right hand, resting it (& I suppose taking the weight) on my extended left wrist. Hit where I was aiming for. As did the next 10 shots 'cloverleafing' apart from a couple slightly off.
At a guess, my arms being slightly bent in this position might have absorbed some of the recoil. Webley pistols are a law unto themselves!

Bru