Hello as an springer guy from the states i really like my airguns and hunt with them at least 2 times a week. i have now 18 spring piston guns and just Diana-BSA-HW about half in .177 and the other in .22 now i will use the .177 for doves and ground squirrel . but for cotton tails and the big jacks and rock chucks and fox i use ether the Diana 350-48-54 or the R1-HW80 all in .22 and the R1 is the slowest by a good bit pushing the polymags at 740fps. i don't shoot over 35 yards and they all do there job very well. So my question is Who came up with the 12 foot pound limit over there and WHY? it seems a rather big disservice to anybody that hunts and there prey! it's harder for you to hit them and for them to die.if you are going to kill something why would you not do it the fastest and best way possable ? from what i can find it was the gun makers back in the 50s-60s? who did not want the more powerful MSP airguns from the USA taking sales from english makers? or was it something else that happend to set the limit?