Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
if you get into 10m target shooting the modern PCPs look very good. I think my LP400 carbon looks very sexy and the LP53 looks agricultural in comparison. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The first thing other manufacturers did when they produced their own SSP pistols was to make them longer so they had more power and a longer sight radius.
if you want a single shot pistol the CP1 is powerful and accurate. it is bolt action which is easier to manufacture.
All my PCP match pistols are single shot and load into the breach.
Break barrels are for springers.
What you appear to want is be allowed section 1 pistols again which is what we all want but air pistols cannot replicate them as they do not have the concentrated energy that a live cartridge has.
Uh, thanks. I think.

I already shoot ISSF 10m air rifle and pistol. I already have a Steyr LP10 for the serious stuff and a FAS604 that I can take away with me without worrying about running out of air.

I have two LP53s and a LP2 for vintage fun shooting, as well as an EMGEE LP2.

And of course I'd like to see handguns come back to mainland UK shooters - I was one of them, with a collection larger than many gunstores, three of which are now in the Leeds collection, formerly the MoD Pattern Room.

I have a .357 Ma/.38Spec Ruger Super Redhawk LBR for shooting over here, and thirty-something others in Oregon that I shoot a couple of times a year over there.

All I wanted, in reality, was a competition target air pistol that conformed to all the rules, but that looked like a modern .22LR pistol, as the FAS604 does.

Seems that there ain't one, so I'll carry on with what I have.

Thanks to all.

tac