Thread: Coach for 10m Air Pistol in South West?

Question Coach for 10m Air Pistol in South West?

Does anyone know of a willing coach, or someone who could be a coach, somewhere near Bristol?

I've been shooting for 4 years, but recently got back into it after a break and never really did much better than the card linked below.

Having not found anyone competitive at my club who could coach me to a higher level, I thought I'd ask here. I emailed someone on my Gloucester county team who was extremely good, about a year ago, but never got a reply (well, no reply about coaching, anyway).

Failing that, does anyone have any advice? Should I just head to tournaments and see if I can learn by watching and losing?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram...06229263_n.jpg

Many thanks,
    Chris
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

You could try the NSRA and your county organisation.

Good luck.

You should be able to find some help here.

HTH

Rutty

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    You should be able to find some help here.

HTH

Rutty
    I'm not sure if you are being ironic about the lack of coaches, but I'm seeing a 404 error, server not found

Actually, I thought that your post was ironic also. Following the links from the BBC in their post-Olympic article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/25416779 - takes you to British Shooting - no help there - tp NSRA - no help there either - to a brick wall. Which, considering the alleged desire of UK sport, British Shooting and the NSRA to encourage more participation, I find frankly DISGUSTING.

No, I don't know why the link didn't work. Here it is without the clever bits:

Www.aiming4gold.co.uk

Rutty

I've emailed Gorgs Geikie (ooh look at me name dropping) to see if she can suggest a coach local to you. I've given her your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    No, I don't know why the link didn't work. Here it is without the clever bits:

Www.aiming4gold.co.uk

Rutty
    I agree with Rutty, I can highly recommend Chris Mason (Aiming4Gold) as a coach. He also runs the South West Regional squad.

Thanks,

Steve.

Also - There's a coach from Bristol here on the bbs. Phil his name is. Nice bloke too. I'm sure his club is in Bristol somewhere. When I'm back on my PC I'll look him up for the OP.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 24-08-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks for all the advice!

Aiming4gold is new to me, I'll have a read now.

Is the Bristol person Philip Hobbs by any chance? Quick scan of my emails and I think I met him a couple of years ago on a training course... he's at a different club, which I believe every time I looked to join was full.
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

Quote Originally Posted by raistrick View Post
    Thanks for all the advice!

Aiming4gold is new to me, I'll have a read now.

Is the Bristol person Philip Hobbs by any chance? Quick scan of my emails and I think I met him a couple of years ago on a training course... he's at a different club, which I believe every time I looked to join was full.
    I'm not sure. I bought a pistol from him once, but I didn't get a surname. I've sent him a PM with a link to this thread, so I expect he'll pop up if he can offer any help.

Best of luck with your shooting.

I am now in contact with Chris and he is applying to join my club at East Bristol, which unfortunately has a waiting list and we do have five Pistol Instructors, one Club Pistol Coach & one County Pistol Coach who should be able to help.
    Regards, Phil