Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Galahad

Air Arms Galahad

Any one heard about the new Galahad gone very quiet since its launch

Phil

I get the feeling it must be the least popular Air Arms gun since the double cylinder s410.

I don't like bullpups anyway but the huge gap between cylinder and barrel and that very noticeable barrel support are not aesthetically pleasing.

And the cocking method is very unappealing.

Apparently it shoots very well though.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

hopefully they wised up and removed it from existence.

Saw one last weekend.

It's certainly got a face only its mother could love, it looks like a bullpup conversion, rather than a custom built bullpup and when you compare looks and ergonomics side by side with things like the cricket and edgun offerings I can't see it being a hit with the buying public regardless of how well it does or doesn't shoot.

yeah I see one yesterday, vile as far as bullpups go. Only die hard AA fans would bother. If you really want a bullpup this is one of the ugliest by far so I dont see them flooding out the stores any time soon.

galahad

Must admit I have to agree with your comments for the price without case not good was debating whether to buy the Galahad or the pulsar so pleased
    I opted for the pulsar for a couple of hundred quid more its a lot more gun

Phil
    Last edited by philc; 25-08-2016 at 01:34 PM.

None is stores and rumours of manufacturing "difficulties"

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I get the feeling it must be the least popular Air Arms gun since the double cylinder s410.

I don't like bullpups anyway but the huge gap between cylinder and barrel and that very noticeable barrel support are not aesthetically pleasing.

That huge gap has also caught my attention. Perhaps it was meant to carry a bottle or a very large diameter air cylinder for the FAC version. In any case this gun has already gone AWOL.

A.G

Not news on a break barrel then.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post

Blast from the past the tc air arms.never seen a second hand one for sale??dont even think they are on there current model list.collectors item for the future?????

Not sure I get this bullpup air rifle trend, they look nice, ish. I did notice Blackpool air rifles have a bullpup section now "http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts.asp?cat=Bullpup%20Kits&SubCat=Bullpup %20Conversion%20Kits"

The hw100 offering looks tasty but I'm just not sure how well it would work in practice, although I'd happily try one!
    HW100 .177, GINB FT#7, Viper 10x44, Rowan Stripper / Milbro Huggett
    Rapid MK2 .177, Mamba Lite 3-12x44, Weihrauch Mod, Pulsar Challenger GS 1x20, N1000AP -
    http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x..._173646-1.jpg/

I tried one out at the northern shooting show and I really liked it, thought the ergonomics were pretty good, but agree that gap looks bad. Dunno why they couldn't put a big shroud on it like the wildcat, would look better and you wouldn't need an additional moderator. Probably too much like common sense

Galahad

I agree, the first time I saw the Galahad, that unsightly gap jumped out at me, I don't like it one bit. I recently bought a secondhand BAR conversion kit for my S510 carbine, and after a couple of small mods, I got looking the way I think bullpups should look. I made an extended filler cap to bring the cylinder in line with the end of the barrel, got rid of the original buttpad and fitted part of an EV2 alloy buttplate after first blueing it with Permablue. I then fitted a Viper Connect scope, and for me, apart from the cocking lever position, it's the business. I'll put a photo on a separate post and I'm sure you'll agree.😀

everyone said the TDR was ugly and i used to love mine.

Galahad

Oh no! It seems that I can't get a photo up for some reason