Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Galahad

Blackpool Air Rifles has just taken stock of these

https://www.facebook.com/14983628836...1208827893212/
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post

Interesting they say "The gun has been modified with a fatter barrel sleeve so I will post an updated pic soon" perhaps the reason for the delays

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    yeah I see one yesterday, vile as far as bullpups go. Only die hard AA fans would bother. If you really want a bullpup this is one of the ugliest by far so I dont see them flooding out the stores any time soon.
    It hits the shops next week and carries the largest customer pre-order of any new Air Arms rifle.

Production has already had to be increased to cope with demand.

Them's the facts, folks.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

I'm normally one to give anything new a chance but the Galahad is to ugly. I wonder how the company that built the tx200hc built that lol

Quote Originally Posted by essex sniper View Post
    I'm normally one to give anything new a chance but the Galahad is to ugly. I wonder how the company that built the tx200hc built that lol
    Perhaps they realise that a significant section of the airgun-buying public value shooting performance above all else, even how pretty a rifle is? The Galahad is already on its way to becoming a best-seller and its order books are overflowing, so maybe Air Arms knows what it's doing.

Could happen.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Perhaps they realise that a significant section of the airgun-buying public value shooting performance above all else, even how pretty a rifle is? The Galahad is already on its way to becoming a best-seller and its order books are overflowing, so maybe Air Arms knows what it's doing.

Could happen.
    I don't dispute air arms know what there doing. But you would think they would know that building an ugly rifle and building a good looking rifle cost about the same. I like air aims rifles iv had many of them but in my opinion the Galahad is to ugly and to me doesn't look like they put much thought into the design at all atb

Air Arms have kept putting the launch back a few times.
    I too dont like the massive gap between barrel and air cylinder either,im hoping thats going to be sorted before launch.

My local RFD which is a huge store didnt have any in stock when i went in Wednesday,and they stock everything going.
    From what i gather its a 410/510 action,and not a completely new design.

I think Air Arms have made a boo boo on this design.

Come on Clare West,sort it out..lol

Quote Originally Posted by DESERT FOX View Post
    Air Arms have kept putting the launch back a few times.
    I too dont like the massive gap between barrel and air cylinder either,im hoping thats going to be sorted before launch.

My local RFD which is a huge store didnt have any in stock when i went in Wednesday,and they stock everything going.
    From what i gather its a 410/510 action,and not a completely new design.

I think Air Arms have made a boo boo on this design.

Come on Clare West,sort it out..lol

It may use the same magazine as the S410/510, but the action is completely different.

I'm not a fan of the huge gap either sadly (or the name as it happens), but some rifles don't appeal to all. IMO, the FX Wildcat, to me looks awful, but that doesn't stop it selling out
    Ex-Airgunner

Just seen one in my local gun shop in Dorset, not for my liking but there out there. I'd say that as far as Air Arms goes I'd still rate the S400/s410 as the best.

It may use the same magazine as the S410/510, but the action is completely different.

I'm not a fan of the huge gap either sadly (or the name as it happens), but some rifles don't appeal to all. IMO, the FX Wildcat, to me looks awful, but that doesn't stop it selling out
    It will sell out and it probably does shoot and handle very well. It's the same as the day state limited editions they always sell out. The Galahad will be no different atb

Thumbs down

The best thing I can say about the looks of it 'tank turret' not look nice
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I've no doubt that the Galahad launch will be successful. The arrival of the Galahad is one reason why the price of the FX Wildcat went up from £899 to about £1060. The Wildcat was selling well, and along comes an allegedly less pretty competitor at a price about £150 higher, and despite the looks or maybe because of them, the trade orders in large numbers.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Let's not forget that everyone said the hw100 was ugly.

And we all know how massively popular that rifle turned out to be.

That explains a lot, been to my local today and he had one in, thought he must have had a friend at air arms that had lost one for him. But yeah the shroud looked like a larger diameter one, and drying firing in the shop was by no means uncomfortably loud so well done to air arms for that. The real kicker was I was in there getting my wildcat sent away to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    Let's not forget that everyone said the hw100 was ugly.

And we all know how massively popular that rifle turned out to be.
    Only the people that don't own one think they are ugly. I don't think they are and have had loads now.

I wouldn't own a Galahad if air arms paid me.