Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Galahad

It has to be the ugliest bullpup . They are all ugly but the air arms is something else .

I put a few shots through one today at Doncaster Airgun Range.

Actually it looks quite nice in the flesh, this was the carbine version with a silencer fitted. Felt nice and comfortable in the shoulder, the adjustable butt pad is excellent. Cocking lever is in a sensible place and is very easy to operate, very accurate as you would expect.

I was impressed - surprisingly heavy I thought, but it feels solid and even though it's quite heavy the centre of gravity brings it into the shoulder nicely.

Only slight criticism I have with it is if you forget to close the breach and take a shot, you get a blast of air in the face from the magazine slot. This happened once with the rifle's owner and he almost dropped the gun

I'm not a fan of bullpups, but this one is very nice (for a horrible PCP anyway)

As soon as I saw the vid of the launch of this particular rifle and Nick Jenkinson saying the Galahad is gonna fly out the door I thought mmmm I don't think so somehow!
    Personally that cocking handle don't look good at all!
    I'll get the new Daystate Renegade which looks far better and cocking more functional to the Galahad!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

I'm going against the grain - I quite like it.
    I had a bit of time with one earlier this year and although, as Brian has already said, it felt a bit heavy, it was just....nice. Solidly nice. Nice in a way I can't quite describe - like scoffing Twiglets, or scratching athletes foot.
    I like the cocking mech and I really like how that can be flipped to operate from either side, the rest is yet to be seen.
    But I can imagine hearing, "I know, mate, I thought they looked awful too but then I shot one, etc..." A lot around shooting grounds later this year...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    As soon as I saw the vid of the launch of this particular rifle and Nick Jenkinson saying the Galahad is gonna fly out the door I thought mmmm I don't think so somehow!
    Pssssst! Nick was right - it's already 'flying out the door'.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Pssssst! Nick was right - it's already 'flying out the door'.
    Someone threw it?? 😁😁😁

Pete
    Pete

Those photos on the BAR website are out of date. The production version has a thicker barrel shroud to take up some of that gap between the barrel and cylinder. I like the production version.

oh and I really like this new trend of including a spirit level in new rifle designs. I don't believe many shooters realise just how much of a problem cant is, so just the addition of a simple bubble level will have a huge impact on how accurate you'll be.

Out of the box the trigger on the one I've shot has a fair amount of creep on the 2nd stage. I need to strip it down with the owner and sort that out. I'm hoping that what AA have done is fitted their excellent trigger unit from the S400 series to this gun with a linkage for a bullpup. If that's the case then getting an almost match quality trigger release is going to be a doddle. I just wish they'd set the triggers up at the factory as in my experience most shooters buy a gun and never bother to adjust the trigger.

All in all, I like it and the owner of the one I've been looking at is delighted with it too.
    Last edited by Brian.Samson; 29-08-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Stripped a Galahad down today to adjust the trigger - very similar trigger unit to the S400/MPR 3 sear trigger unit, dead easy to adjust with the trigger plate off.
    It now has a nice short first stage and a crisp and light 2nd stage. Lovely.

Production model

Hi Brian can you post some pictures of the new production model I would like to see the new shroud thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    Hi Brian can you post some pictures of the new production model I would like to see the new shroud thanks
    Unfortunately it's not mine and I probably won't see it in the range until we open again on Thursday now, I'll see if I can take some photo's then.

Basically it looks like the one in the photo's on BAR but with a much thicker shroud. The shroud must be at least 25mm in diameter now I'd guess, possibly more.
    It looked to be only slightly smaller than the silencer.

The cocking lever sits nicely under your leading hand and it can be swapped from one side to the other for lefties. It's dead easy to cock it and take another shot without taking your eye from the scope.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Someone threw it?? 😁😁😁

Pete
    Nope - LOADS of airgunners ordered them and like Brian, I can see why. I've been testing one for a month and it shoots extremely well. I like the look of it, too, and I'm sure it's going to be a major success for Air Arms.

I'm off out rabbiting with it in an hour or two. Double time on Bank Holidays, see?

Nope - LOADS of airgunners ordered them and like Brian, I can see why. I've been testing one for a month and it shoots extremely well. I like the look of it, too, and I'm sure it's going to be a major success for Air Arms.

I'm off out rabbiting with it in an hour or two. Double time on Bank Holidays, see?
    Please do a video of it reducing the number of those furry pests humanely.

A.G

Obviously some members are passionate about air arms as other members are passionate about other brands. But at the end of the day all brands have there fan boys and there haters I'm sure they will do well with it and good luck to them...I went and had a little play with one yesterday and it did shoot very well but I did find it a little heavy on the arse end and I still didn't like the look of it ..atb

I can't imagine having such an awful job Terry. Thank heavens you're willing to do it and save the rest of us from such an ordeal.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Please do a video of it reducing the number of those furry pests humanely.

A.G
    Easier said than done, A.G. I may be willing to give up weekends and Bank Holidays to go testing airguns, but getting a video crew to do the same isn't quite as easy. Plus, making a video is a job in itself, if it's done correctly, and that means the hunting, and certainly the testing, has to play second fiddle.

I may get back to making videos, and I do enjoy them, but they're bloody hard work and the publishing schedules are tight enough right now. Anyway, I'm off out now, just with a mate using the lamp, for a few happy hours' rabbiting. I'll be a wiser man when I return, albeit a bit knackered for an 07.00 start, tomorrow.

All the best.