Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Air Arms Galahad

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I can't imagine having such an awful job Terry. Thank heavens you're willing to do it and save the rest of us from such an ordeal.

Chris
    Think on, mush. Count your blessings.

Right, I'm orf. Tally ho!
    Last edited by Terry D; 30-08-2016 at 06:40 AM.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by essex sniper View Post
    Obviously some members are passionate about air arms as other members are passionate about other brands. But at the end of the day all brands have there fan boys and there haters I'm sure they will do well with it and good luck to them...I went and had a little play with one yesterday and it did shoot very well but I did find it a little heavy on the arse end and I still didn't like the look of it ..atb
    I love my TX200 but not too fond of my S400 (I've tried)
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Let's face it, all bullpups are ugly (except, for the eyes of the beholder)

The galahad looks like an odd battleship that has a barrel sticking out of the hull, then it is slapped into a wooden stock.
    The pulsar is "the" first professionaly made physical Photoshop image. Awkwardly warped, cut and pasted. And with a tactical pistol grip to increase the ergonomics so that we forget how ugly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Easier said than done, A.G. I may be willing to give up weekends and Bank Holidays to go testing airguns, but getting a video crew to do the same isn't quite as easy. Plus, making a video is a job in itself, if it's done correctly, and that means the hunting, and certainly the testing, has to play second fiddle.

I may get back to making videos, and I do enjoy them, but they're bloody hard work and the publishing schedules are tight enough right now. Anyway, I'm off out now, just with a mate using the lamp, for a few happy hours' rabbiting. I'll be a wiser man when I return, albeit a bit knackered for an 07.00 start, tomorrow.

All the best.
    If it didn't take the best part of three hours to drive down, I'd volunteer . I may even learn a thing or two like a caddy. Years ago when my younger brother and I were attempting to start a photography business we watched a documentary about David Bailey. He was photographing some super models on an 12X16" plate camera equipped with a Polaroid back as personal project. The damn thing was about the size of a small closet. Every time he wanted it moving he called out to his assistant George.
    We used to laugh about poor George a lot but in retrospect I would have been quite happy being poor George.

Regards,

A.G

It would look less offensive if the action as a whole were shallower, however I do like the look and position of the cocking lever. Much better than having to grab at your ear.

I do wish air arms would produce a break barrel but although lots of people on here would buy one immediately we're clearly not representative of the air rifle buying public!

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post

I do wish air arms would produce a break barrel but although lots of people on here would buy one immediately we're clearly not representative of the air rifle buying public!
    They did. I've got one.

It's more like a meteor though than an HW80.

CD trigger unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    Only the people that don't own one think they are ugly. I don't think they are and have had loads now.

I wouldn't own a Galahad if air arms paid me.
    I own an HW100 KT - I love it for the way that it shoots but very nearly didn't buy it because of the way that it looks (head said HW100, heart said DS Huntsman - either would probably have been right).
    I think you can get past looks if you get your hands on and have had a play but that is a really big if...

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    As soon as I saw the vid of the launch of this particular rifle and Nick Jenkinson saying the Galahad is gonna fly out the door I thought mmmm I don't think so somehow!
    Personally that cocking handle don't look good at all!
    I'll get the new Daystate Renegade which looks far better and cocking more functional to the Galahad!
    Went into my local RFD today, who said he was waiting for more folks to ask about the Galahad (I was the second!) before he got one in, but was not sure what to get, as there were quite a few variants. While there, I dry-fired a Renegade, which must have the loudest action I have ever heard from a PCP - it was so large it made the cheek piece resonate unpleasantly against my cheek bone - not nice! Compared it to the Pulsar, which just sounded/felt 'normal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg View Post
    Only the people that don't own one think they are ugly. I don't think they are and have had loads now.

I wouldn't own a Galahad if air arms paid me.
    I have a hw100kt and agree with you. To my eyes it looks great. I also owned an AA tdr and thought it looked great.

I like the Galahad as well.

Wonder if they make it in fac?

Not wishing to make any prejudgements, y'unnerstand, but what's with the stupid name?

'Galahad'? What's next, 'Lancelot'? 'Gawain'?

tac