Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for the stock makers / woodworkers

You might be better off making a new stock
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

I explored this some years ago. There are so many air soft and proper butts/stocks/accessories available that they offer a ready made solution for those looking for a highly flexible modular stock design.

The issue of course is fitting them to the action! I'd say your plan is a non-starter Clash. The amount of material available at the point you need to fit it is insufficient for a robust joint, as "Donald" posted you'll need a mechanical fixing of some sort made.

All the difficult bit is in the junction of the two, butt to fore end, so it makes sense to simply extend it forwards. In so doing it becomes redundant to use the existing fore end which inevitably destroys the stock you have. There are thousands of available fore end accessories which can be bolted to a simple U-shaped channel.

It needs some mocking up too. Typically these modular stocks are heavier than a non-adjustable wooden stock, doing it without weighing a tonne and/or ruining the rifle's balance isn't straightforward.

Think i have dropped the idea of the folding option
    nil satis nisi optimum