Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trago Mills

Trago Mills

Well at last my huge stock pile of 140mm targets is nearly finished.

Having been given a yellow Stiga trap back in the 80's that took these cards proved difficult back in the day, the trap had a Perspex plate that deflected the pellet to the trap, the reason for this was there was a light powered by battery that shone through the plastic plate to shine through your pellet hole, this bit kinda gave up as all I had was a HW80 thunderstick back then.

Whats Trago gotta do with this ? well when I was down 20 years or so ago I bought a boot full as I had never seen them for sale anywhere and now Im nearly out of my Norica targets made by David Nickerson.

Now most shops are on the web I have some lovely Gamo versions from our kind sponsor sat on my table. Brilliant service JSR

Is Trago Mills still there folks ? I also bought stuff in the Gun Shop nearest to Torpoint, so nice they were,,,,,,,,,,,,, the man said if it doesn't suit bring it back and change it, eh drive 9 hours back here I thought driving back to the ex's folks in Torpoint.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Oh yes! The worlds most politically motivated pan shop is still very much in business.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Great, still selling in inches and ounces

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Militantly so! The shops are periodically festooned in "Vote UKIP" and "Vote Leave" banners, he even hired a plane towing a UKIP banner to fly aroudn Cornwall at the last election.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Oh yes! The worlds most politically motivated pan shop is still very much in business.

I actually remember when Trago Mills was a big garden shed in a wood, you had to be a member of the Trago Mills club to shop there on a sunday.

All the best Mick

We used to take " the trago mills challenge" try & get out without buying anything, never did, there was always that little something worth having in there....

Rob

Fantastic , I loved the shop, even though I was only there visiting.

Baikal guns and shells for sale.

Anti Maggie and metric propaganda everywhere, posters and hand written jargon on the grass and walls.

On my way home I had to pick up four trays of hen pasties lol from the shop in Ivybridge, is that right ? My in laws at the time asked me and I brought up to Loch Lomond circa 140 of the tasty munchers, on the back seat.

Newton Abbot trago's 20 min's down the road, not much of a country sports section now & most of what there is, is just cheap tat.

10-15 years ago you could get some real bargains in there.

^^ Sadly, true.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I was planning to make a trip to Trago in Newton Abbot to check out what air rifles and stuff they had when down there on holiday in October. After reading the comments above, guess there is not much point these days.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    The liskeard branch has a good airgun/shotgun dept with a few accessories, plus clothing. As well they have a fishing area.

But, it was 18 months since my last visit- great fun mind!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

I popped in a while back and was disappointed to find they didn't sell the Russian Record cartridges any more, they were always good for a laugh with the clouds of smoke and thumping recoil. A bit tiresome on clays in a SxS mind.

every new year they have a 20% off most things sale inc airguns,ammo,fishing etc,the bsa springers are usually the best they sell.i wouldnt expect much in the way of help if something turned out faulty tho'

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    every new year they have a 20% off most things sale inc airguns,ammo,fishing etc,the bsa springers are usually the best they sell.i wouldnt expect much in the way of help if something turned out faulty tho'
    Years back I bought a rifle from them that turned out to be faulty, they replaced it without question and gave me a new scope to replace the one it had damaged when the rail fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi2k View Post
    I was planning to make a trip to Trago in Newton Abbot to check out what air rifles and stuff they had when down there on holiday in October. After reading the comments above, guess there is not much point these days.
    A few cheapies, puma, gamo etc maybe a couple of BSA's but there's a "Ronnie Sunshine" across the A38 in Heathfield & country sports store in Newton Abbott.