Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perthshire, Scotland help.

Perthshire, Scotland help.

Do any of you guys have a bottle I can use? I've just got a brand new Daystate and nothing to charge it with and I'm desperate to take its first shot.
    Can I borrow some air?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    Do any of you guys have a bottle I can use? I've just got a brand new Daystate and nothing to charge it with and I'm desperate to take its first shot.
    Can I borrow some air?
    Your first post wanting something and not even a please, maybe its just me but .....

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

It wasn't my first post, I had commented on other posts but it was my first thread.

I should have put please, sorry for this.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Your first post wanting something and not even a please, maybe its just me but .....

Kindest regards

Barrel

Firstly, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase

Compared to most, I haven't been on this forum for long but, I have found it to be helpful and welcoming.
    You'll get a much better response to your posts if you ask in the right way - just have a quick read and consider it before you post.

Also, why did you spend Daystate money without buying a pump or cylinder? You're going to need it

That said, you're welcome to pop round mine for a fill

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Firstly, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase

Compared to most, I haven't been on this forum for long but, I have found it to be helpful and welcoming.
    You'll get a much better response to your posts if you ask in the right way - just have a quick read and consider it before you post.

Also, why did you spend Daystate money without buying a pump or cylinder? You're going to need it

That said, you're welcome to pop round mine for a fill
    Hi, thank you for your polite response and welcome.

I've had many pcp guns and had 2 dive cylinders but sold everything 3weeks ago as I was going to concentrate on my .17hmr and .22semi auto but got offered this Daystate as a shop was closing and got it for more reasonable money. They didn't have any bottles left, I work away but I'm back at weekends.

I'd nip along to Mallochs if I were you, they might help you out.

Though to order a new rifle and not have anything to charge it with is strange, did you not get a bottle or a pump.

Splashsports in Glasgow which is 100yds from my home will do it if you want a small drive also.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanchief View Post
    I'd nip along to Mallochs if I were you, they might help you out....

I live in Perth and as far as I know, Mallochs don't have air fill facilities. The closest commercial air fill is Splash Sports in Dundee, but I'd be surprised if they would fill an individual gun. Unfortunately my own air bottle is empty and is likely to stay that way for a few weeks, or you'd have been welcome to a fill from that. If you do decide to try Splash Sports make sure you phone to see if they're open - don't go by what their website says.

In the longer run you might be interested in joining a club. Tayside Airgun Club www.taysideairgunclub.com is the closest, at Auchterhouse. It has good facilities, but I'm afraid it also has a long waiting list.

Hope you enjoy your new gun.

Alan
    Last edited by Archer50; 26-08-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
    I live in Perth and as far as I know, Mallochs don't have air fill facilities. The closest commercial air fill is Splash Sports in Dundee, but I'd be surprised if they would fill an individual gun. Unfortunately my own air bottle is empty and is likely to stay that way for a few weeks, or you'd have been welcome to a fill from that. If you do decide to try Splash Sports make sure you phone to see if they're open - don't go by what their website says.

In the longer run you might be interested in joining a club. Tayside Airgun Club www.taysideairgunclub.com is the closest, at Auchterhouse. It has good facilities, but I'm afraid it also has a long waiting list.

Hope you enjoy your new gun.

Alan
    Hi, thank you for your reponses, I've been trying to post but everything I write needs checked by mods at the mo.
    Mallochs haven't ever had air charging stuff unfortunately, I haven't been in for a while but they've never had it before.

Thanks for the offer of the bottle if it was full.

We've filling facilities up here.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Come down to Dunfermline airgun club on Sunday and get a fill and have a shoot.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I'm trying to find an airbottle local to me to buy....which is proving harder than I first thought!

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I'm trying to find an airbottle local to me to buy....which is proving harder than I first thought!
    The trouble is mate, airguns are becoming less popular in your neck of the woods

I reckon you could be looking at quite a drive to get this sorted. If that's the case, it might be worth forking out for a large bottle.

Hope you get it sorted.

Atb

All of the above.

Thanks.

There is a garage very close to me that has a compressor so filling is ok but I'm looking for a second hand bottle as a) it'll save a little money and b) buying new isnt a thing I can do close to me house anyway so if it is used or new I have to take a drive. No convenience factor with new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    The trouble is mate, airguns are becoming less popular in your neck of the woods

I reckon you could be looking at quite a drive to get this sorted. If that's the case, it might be worth forking out for a large bottle.

Hope you get it sorted.

Atb

If you know anyone heading up or down from Inverness area; I've got an out-of-date 3 litre bottle you can have for free.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Ieazo is offline Tony hawk's stunt double...Just the face though
    Thanks.

There is a garage very close to me that has a compressor so filling is ok but I'm looking for a second hand bottle as a) it'll save a little money and b) buying new isnt a thing I can do close to me house anyway so if it is used or new I have to take a drive. No convenience factor with new.
    Your not suggesting your going to fill a dive bottle (or the rifle) at the local garage with their compressor are you?
    I like tinkering and banging