Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for the stock makers / woodworkers

One for the stock makers / woodworkers

Can this
    http://s885.photobucket.com/user/CLA...g.html?filters[user]=100811683&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1
    Be married to this
    http://s885.photobucket.com/user/CLA...g.html?filters[user]=100811683&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers C

SEE POST BELOW
    Last edited by CLASH; 25-08-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    nil satis nisi optimum

Quote Originally Posted by CLASH View Post
    Can this

Be married to this

Any advice greatly appreciated

Cheers C
    fixed your links for you matey - sorry I dont have the answer.. my initial response is YES, but with a LOT of work!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    fixed your links for you matey - sorry I dont have the answer.. my initial response is YES, but with a LOT of work!
    Many thanks mate
    nil satis nisi optimum

Why?

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Only in one of them special churches like in las vagas...

Id be more tempted to make a skellington stock out of the wooden one first...
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Quote Originally Posted by adiepie View Post
    Why?

Adrian
    Why not
    nil satis nisi optimum

Have a go..

Difficult to say for sure how well they would marry up without seeing them in the flesh.

I'm sure you could come up with something with a few decent tools. Silkaflex is a great bonding agent. Perhaps you could bridge the joint as well with some shaped wood or ply or have something running through both parts to add strength...

Silkaflex also makes an excellent bedding material for the action..

What is the butt half made from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Difficult to say for sure how well they would marry up without seeing them in the flesh.

I'm sure you could come up with something with a few decent tools. Silkaflex is a great bonding agent. Perhaps you could bridge the joint as well with some shaped wood or ply or have something running through both parts to add strength...

Silkaflex also makes an excellent bedding material for the action..

What is the butt half made from?
    Says polymer on the listing
    nil satis nisi optimum

Looks like you would need a part machined to go on the back of your receiver to accept a bolt going through the stock.. the front part.. im assuming will be one or two screws... bonding them together might mean you cant remove the action from the stock... watch you dont fall foul of length/power and end up with a s5
    Donald

Stock

If the pistol grip on the polymer stock is hollow, then the grip on the wooden stock could be reshaped to form a spur which would then slot tightly into the polymer grip. It's a one way trip though, and very tricky, to much taken off and the Thumbhole stock is history. I certainly wouldn't rely on a glued butt joint of any kind. A tightly fitted spur set into the polymer would be the only successful way IMO . The spur would need to be bedded into the polymer 'socket' and secured with a bolt of some kind up through the bottom of the grip.
    Last edited by davyboy30; 25-08-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Stock

I did just that when I fitted part of a wooden rifle stock to a Twinmaster trainer pistol. That was very successful.

Personally, I'd run it around to my local engineering shop and have a chat to them. Its surprising what idea's these guys can come up with. Might only cost you a few quid for them to spin something up. I've had a few special tools made up by popping around and having a chat, maybe it could work for you?

Got some good ideas cheers guys
    nil satis nisi optimum

Difficult to be sure out of hand but my first attempt would consider a secure fix base into the poly pistol grip e.g. bond wood or metal threaded plug say 2/3
    depth. Then form or attach a short spigot at the wooden pistol grip. Drill and screw down through the wooden stock under the action with recessed
    screw head. Fill, smooth, colour, over to obscure screw head. Refit action as normal.
    No visible joins or means of support. Nice project/challenge. Keep us informed.
    Dim but willing.

Anythings possible ......well almost
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive