Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther rm8

Walther rm8

ive been seriously thinking about getting a walther rm8 but have read they are on heavy side unscoped.ive also read that a lot of them have been coming out of the factory underpowered.can anyone who ownes one give me there honest opinion of this rifle

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Had two until very recently, both black synthetic. Not heavy at all, superbly accurate and shooting around the 11.3 mark. Buy one!
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    Had two until very recently, both black synthetic. Not heavy at all, superbly accurate and shooting around the 11.3 mark. Buy one!
    May I ask why you don't have them now?

When they first come out Ronnie sunshine's wouldn't stock them (customer order only) due to a bad reputation for breaking down ......guess what .....they now sell them
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

They are quite popular at our club; compared to the Hatsan AT44 which is about the same price, personally I rate the RM8 as better built.

It is a shade heavy, it's front end weight in truth, which doesn't always suit everybody.

I've done a custom mod to one of them and the owner is well pleased. http://i.imgur.com/0YtIYsS.jpg
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    They are quite popular at our club; compared to the Hatsan AT44 which is about the same price, personally I rate the RM8 as better built.

It is a shade heavy, it's front end weight in truth, which doesn't always suit everybody.

I've done a custom mod to one of them and the owner is well pleased. http://i.imgur.com/0YtIYsS.jpg
    Nice work

All of the above.

Thank you.

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers

rm8

Rich
    try the RM8 for the money very hard to beat, accuracy beats my air arms and sumatra. One of those air rifles I am so pleased to own.
    After 18 months it has never me down, and always makes me smile.
    Good luck. g

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Rich
    try the RM8 for the money very hard to beat, accuracy beats my air arms and sumatra. One of those air rifles I am so pleased to own.
    After 18 months it has never me down, and always makes me smile.
    Good luck. g
    How do you find it weight wise?

I think they have changed the design recently as the ones I looked at in the shop this week look very well finished and the stock seems to cover more of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    ive been seriously thinking about getting a walther rm8 but have read they are on heavy side unscoped.ive also read that a lot of them have been coming out of the factory underpowered.can anyone who ownes one give me there honest opinion of this rifle
    Out the box my black one is around 11ft/lb in .22 with AADFs. I reviewed it on YouTube. It is heavy but that's what slings are for I guess. With a bipod and weihrauch mod plus scope it is beautifully balanced for standing I find. Not sure if mine leaks air but then again I do loose track of shot count. Really wish they did a proper synthetic stock though the camo one looks nice.
    Air Arms S410F Classic .177 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR), Walther Rotex RM8 Black .22 (Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 AO IR), Walther Century .177 (Walther ZF 6x42 AO, BKL one piece mount), Remington Express AR1 .22 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR, BKL one piece mount ss),

My uncle shoots one. Quite heavy for a pcp but well balanced. The action is simply a umarex airmagnum 850 fitted with a regged bottle.
    Very accurate and reliable with the exception of the probe seal. It's an o ring which seems to fail more often than I'd be happy with.
    Very consistent over the chronograph and simple mag system.
    Very very accurate.
    Comfy stock.
    For the money, difficult to overlook.

Dan

Are they regulated

Yes, there is a brass external regulator between the buddy bottle and the action block.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    May I ask why you don't have them now?
    Sold them both to finance buying my new Daystate, otherwise I would still have them
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?