Thread: Help with choice of LEFT HANDED 10m target pistol please

Help with choice of LEFT HANDED 10m target pistol please

Hello,
    So I would like to take up 10m target pistol shooting now I am retired.
    I have not owned an air gun in fifty years and well they and I have changed a lot in that time.
    I have been reading forums and reviews over the past two/three weeks or so and even popped down to local gun shop and tried a dozen target shots from a HW40. (Too much replica and not enough target pistol for me)

I have an all in budget of £300 but if I could I would like it to be £200, just in case it and I are incompatible then I don't lose to much or better still I find I love the sport and want to trade up.
    I am really looking for a pneumatic single or multi pump pistol that is more match orientated than replica or plinker

So far I have found the:
    FAS 6004
    Gamo Compact (Which comes in left handed which is a plus)
    Baikal 46M (which seems very heavy, this I think maybe a minus for me as I am tall and slim with long arms )
    Others seem to be 2nd hand FWB 65 and 10x's series that seem very hard to come by.
    Second hand is an option but must be easy to find spares for.

Have I mist anything? Other recommendations please and it would be nice to buy British if I could.

Many thanks in advance IMK

Nice thought but forget buying British. There are no 10m target pistols hailing from these shores.

Your budget would cover a FAS 604 which are competent pistols if the seals and wiper are in good order.
    They are not too often seen for sale though. Also worth considering is an Original model 10 but again the Giss mechanism they use must be in good order as they are complex and expensive to repair. The same goes for the FWB model 80 although this could top you budget.

The Gamo Compact although billed for 10m is not so great. The trigger is unsophisticated and the grip cramped unless you have small slender hands.

Sorry to sound negative but the 10m discipline and your budget are difficult to tie up.

Hello Inspector and many thanks for the reply.
    Shame the Gamo has such bad reviews as had found LH at half price and thought it we be reasonable pistol to get me going.
    Other one I found was the Lov 21 so any view on it please.
    Imk