Just fitted a Robert lane regulator to my Gamo Coyote, don't have problems fitting or understanding the principals etc, anyway followed the advice, shimmed the valve spring, although i strongly suspect that its needs a stronger spring, I'll explain why as i progress, and drilled out the transfer port to the recommended 3mm (drill supplied).

Anyway i wound out the hammer preload, and there doesn't look like i can do a lot for the hammer, as its quite small son not particularly heavy, and it sits in a plastic carrier that doubles as the spring guide.

Now i took it to the range and checked a few shots over the crono and found it was under powered, so a couple of turns on the pre load of the spring got it back on power, however although i couldn't hear it when actually firing, one of the guys said that he could hear the hammer/valve bounce, and it seems this is born out by the lower shot count (only 50 in 100 bar as opposed to normally 60-70) so its obviously using too much air, but what i am not sure about is to cure the hammer bounce would i be better off by increasing the valve spring pre load (by the look of it i will need another spring for this, as i dint think it can be shimmed any more) or what else can i do to the hammer/spring combo to stop the bounce and subsequent air loss?