Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Prosport the last of the concealed type lever I wonder if there will be another

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

The Prosport the last of the concealed type lever I wonder if there will be another

I use to like the Airsporter but BSA dropped it, that only leaves the prosport left in production, the best looking airgun that is still being made BUT it has that curtain rail lever/linkage set up Why does no other manufacturer produce this type of lever? even Diana with its vast range of all types of airguns won't make one WHY
    Last edited by Barryg; 03-10-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Just as matter of interest did Airsporter ever come in FAC config?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Just as matter of interest did Airsporter ever come in FAC config?

A.G
    Yes .....my mates mates brother had one it had a double ox spring fitted .he said when it fired it shook like a shotgun and he could light a match head at 100 yards using open sights...my other mates mates brother said it was true as he was holding the match and it was so powerful it could shoot through 4 books of yellow pages...chronometer had not been invented but that gun must have been at fac levels.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I use to like the Airsporter but BSA dropped it, that only leaves the prosport left in production, the best looking airgun that is still being made BUT it has that curtain rail lever/linkage set up Why does no other manufacturer produce this type of lever? even Diana with its vast range of all types of airguns won't make one WHY
    Like you've already proved in the past a Diana underlever can be converted to a concealed lever, none of the German makers seem to have one and I'm surprised HW haven't come up with something to compete with the Prosport (they probably can't be bothered as they know they could never beat it's looks or engineering excellence) but saying that they seemed to have found the winning break barrel formula (for our 12ftp limit anyway) with the HW99 , so they could quite easily make a lightweight concealed underlever version (and not another HW57 rehash) but as we all know it would NEVER look as good as the PS or even the Airsporter and would shoot somewhere inbetween the two after a good tune up.

A lot of gun makers seem to be more interested in PCP's nowadays or just restocking their older designs and saying they are new (BSA mainly), I know what you mean tho and I was shocked when BSA dropped the Airsporter, I know the sales had dropped off a hell of a lot but they could have kept it going and just up-engineered it and put it in the same sort of league as the Prosport, considering it was BSA's flagship springer they could have shown it the respect it deserved and offered a nice little options package (walnut stock, shrouded barrel etc) and who knows where we would be 16 years later?

As for Diana, they've proved themselves to be able to produce some nice looking rifles, the underlever Stutzens spring to mind and also some damn beautiful rifles like the 34 120th anniversary model (I know I keep mentioning that one) but like what has been pointed out in the past by Terry D, it's down to what the market wants and how much a company is willing to invest into the designing and prototyping of these rifles but as Diana already have an underlever rifle it surely couldn't cost massive amounts?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    none of the German makers seem to have one and I'm surprised HW haven't come up with something to compete with the Prosport (they probably can't be bothered as they know they could never beat it's looks or engineering excellence)

Pete
    While I think the PS is the best looking airgun at the moment I see no reason why HW and DIana can't complete and better it, if they had a better looking stock and a more robust cocking lever and linkage.
    But as much as some of us like the concealed lever no one seems interested not even the Chinese
    I still haven't heard a clear reason Why

Because, when the HW77 came out it changed everyone's idea of what underlever air rifles should look like. It proved very successful so other manufacturers brought out similar formats. If Air Arms Pro-Sport sales went through the roof, rival manufacturers may think again.
    I prefer the Original / Diana model 50. The underlever is short and robust and makes for an excellent looking package. It's easy to cock, despite the short lever( granted, its no powerhouse). It is a well balanced rifle that handles superbly. It doesn't weigh a ton either. I sometimes tell mine tap-loaders shouldn't be this accurate.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Would you not class the Diana 430 Stutzen as a hidden underlever?
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Would you not class the Diana 430 Stutzen as a hidden underlever?
    It is sort of but it's got a cocking slot and you can see the linkage, think what it would look like if with a more solid stock

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    While I think the PS is the best looking airgun at the moment I see no reason why HW and DIana can't complete and better it, if they had a better looking stock and a more robust cocking lever and linkage.
    But as much as some of us like the concealed lever no one seems interested not even the Chinese
    I still haven't heard a clear reason Why
    HW can't compete because they just cannot design anything that is beautiful and the problem they will have is trying to better the looks of the Prosport, there is not one part of the Prosport that is ugly, in fact it has to be one of the best looking air rifles ever, now that will upset a few people on here.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

HW can't compete because they just cannot design anything that is beautiful and the problem they will have is trying to better the looks of the Prosport, there is not one part of the Prosport that is ugly, in fact it has to be one of the best looking air rifles ever, now that will upset a few people on here.

Pete
    To be fair the HW 60/66 range are in my eyes very nice looking, just a shame they can't transfer the looks into an air rifle.

Says the HW60J owner.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_h View Post
    To be fair the HW 60/66 range are in my eyes very nice looking, just a shame they can't transfer the looks into an air rifle.

Says the HW60J owner.
    The 60 was on my list when I had the deisre to apply for my FAC. They are indeed good looking rifles. As for the airguns, I am quite keen on the looks of my HW 98. I think that thye are quite beautiful rifles.

A.G

HW can't compete because they just cannot design anything that is beautiful and the problem they will have is trying to better the looks of the Prosport, there is not one part of the Prosport that is ugly

Pete
    Not sure about HW but look at these stocks if they had a action with a concealed lever

http://www.diana-airguns.de/fileadmi...xklusiv.dt.jpg

Not sure about HW but look at these stocks if they had a action with a concealed lever

http://www.diana-airguns.de/fileadmi...xklusiv.dt.jpg
    Too busy for my taste

The ISP spartan has got to be the best looking air rifle of all time..

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/ISP%...0-%202002.html

Gay !