Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess I won't be getting back into club shooting yet then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    Unfortunately until then, I'm just the arsehole, a killjoy and an unwanted opinion.
    Not so. You are right, If the people running it are so stupid to allow that sort of behaviour they should not even consider opening at all, they have a duty to make and supervise a safe environment to all attending.
    My 9 year old Daughter told a group of shooters at our club today about safe gun handling, do not loose the barrel on your spring gun and also do not walk around with it unbroken and make sure its pointed over the firing line. They listened and ignored her, she asked them several times. Obviously thought just a kid don't have to abide by what she says. Where upon my mate who was with her told them she was correct he is a little larger and more frightening in appearance than her, they soon changed their minds. Just saying my 9 year old has common sense and safe gun handling something they are laking in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend View Post
    A few years ago I left the airgun club I had been a member of for some years, shortly after, I left airgunning as a regular hobby too. Not through lack of want, but because my family was growing and I had choices to make. A couple of years ago, my local club closed too, and as it was the only one within 20-25 miles of me, I thought that was pretty much it.

So, imagine how happy I was to hear a NEW up and coming club was opening just a few miles from home! Today was the opening day, so I got out my gun, picked up my bottles and pellets, and headed over there.

Now imagine this, as you approach the range, you have a young lad with his parent, the lad is loading his gun and consistently closes the barrel sideways so it is pointing along the range. Another chap is merrily holding his gun on his shoulder, finger on the trigger. Another is holding his by the scope, breech closed.

Now I'm not a busybody, I was heavily involved in club shooting, national competitions, am an NSRA instructor, and have been a CPSA RSO. But it doesn't take a genius to work out what was wrong today. Except maybe it does, the guy running the range couldn't see what was wrong, and when I asked the parent not to let their young son point his gun in my direction, they just snorted and said "We're not children, and it isn't loaded anyway."

I don't think I'll be going back any time soon, I have never been afraid of beeing at a range before, yet today I was at times, terrified.
    I'd walk away too - and have done. Had more rifles pointed at me at air rifle clubs than in gunshops even !!
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Hi Colin, I've been to the Mid Norfolk Shooting Ground at Taverham in the past, well about 5yrs ago (visiting daughter and son) and they seemed fine. Sorry to hear about your recent experience though.

Best regards,
    Steve C.
    (ps AAOC awaits)
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Its about time you were back on here Colin, lets hear from you more often !!!!!
    atb Brian

Big Si is offline Great Uncle Bulgaria, Chief Womble
    Stop winging man, or at least wait till I come down for a visit, we can go and see them together. Don't get involved Col stick to fishing and every thing else that's going on in your life, you need to help out at a gun club like a hole in the head! I'll say no more little brother.

Si
    Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother, and my sisters and my brothers. Lo do I see the line of my people back to its beginning. Lo they do call to me and bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.