Thread: 36gr Barnes Varmint grenades for the .22 hornet

36gr Barnes Varmint grenades for the .22 hornet

Has anyone tried the 36gr Barnes Varmint grenades for the .22 hornet? I've been given a box to try and cant seem to get the thing to shoot accurately at all , would properly be more accurate throwing them .... lol

Im using 11grs H110 powder ,tried seating that the length the magazine would allow me to feed (CZ527) , maybe would get better accuracy just slightly off the lands? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Yes mate I have tried them they to long to stabilise in my hornet "a Anschutz " could be the same in yours I ended using them in the .223 I tried lots of different seated depths using 10grns of enforcer powder or 10 grns of sp3 powder they were like a shotgun on paper I now stick with 35grn v-max for the hornet

Thats what i noticed, couldn't even get them on paper..... guess ill just have to pass them on lol

I bought 200 they were on special offer thinking I had found a great replacement for the 35 v max lucky they go threw my .223 ok shame your not closer

Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    Has anyone tried the 36gr Barnes Varmint grenades for the .22 hornet? I've been given a box to try and cant seem to get the thing to shoot accurately at all , would properly be more accurate throwing them .... lol

Im using 11grs H110 powder ,tried seating that the length the magazine would allow me to feed (CZ527) , maybe would get better accuracy just slightly off the lands? any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Sadly the 36gn are crap in a Hornet, however they make 30gn short hornet specific bullet that are superbly accurate.