Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aeron b96 o rings

Quote Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
    In a word ..no
    Is this what is causing the problem.
    Also what are the best o rings to use.
    Cheers
    I would say very likely, the instructions say back of 180 degrees.
    The oring size is given as 14x2, not sure what that means.
    When I sent mine off to Magic nine for overhaul it came back with what might be a urethane oring, fatter and much softer.

Another thing that the additional instructions that came with the pistol from Mays the importers is to lube the oring and the bevelled edge of the gas chamber with vaseline, I have never done it but it might help.
    Last edited by Peter Pig; 05-09-2016 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    When I sent mine off to Magic nine for overhaul it came back with what might be a urethane oring, fatter and much softer.
    Thanks Peter
    That seems to have done the trick, only problem was that I fired off 70-75 shots and then the last shot expelled all the remaining co2, haven't checked the o ring yet, but not that I'm that bothered as 25 came in the post this morning. Mine are 15x2, it means the inside diameter and the cross section, ie thickness 2mm.
    Cheers
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Another thing that the additional instructions that came with the pistol from Mays the importers is to lube the oring and the bevelled edge of the gas chamber with vaseline, I have never done it but it might help.
    Mine came with quite limited instructions, how many shots do you fire before changing the co2 bulb, and do you release the gas very slowly, or do you just undo it as normal.

I suspect the piercing cap/o-ring/chamber is similar to the Tau 7, I have the instructions for that pistol from Pilkguns.com. It does not mention backing off the cap for the Tau so maybe not an issue on that pistol (I have never experienced failure to properly puncture the bulb). Not surprised replacement o-rings are fatter, the standard o-rings on my Tau 7 are just getting blown out of the groove that they are supposed to sit in.

Similar for the Tau 7. The user instructions on Pilkguns.com refers to the use of a very small amount of silicone grease.

I get about 60-70 shots now, before it was serviced it was 50ish and would not index the mag correctly.
    I shoot until the gun Fa*** out the gas, if you want to empty the gun put a mag. in and shoot without pellets till empty, do not unscrew the piercer.

Mine came with quite limited instructions, how many shots do you fire before changing the co2 bulb, and do you release the gas very slowly, or do you just undo it as normal.
    Look on the Pilkguns.com site for the Tau 7, it will have similar mechanism. For the Tau 7, 50-80 shots. They mention dumping residual pressure down the barrel by pressing the cocking lugs rearwards against the valve to open it (not sure this is the same on the Aeron). I tried it on the Tau 7 but it is difficult to work against the gas pressure, so I just fire off until the gas pressure has reduced before attempting to remove the piercing cap.

I get about 60-70 shots now, before it was serviced it was 50ish and would not index the mag correctly.
    I shoot until the gun Fa*** out the gas, if you want to empty the gun put a mag. in and shoot without pellets till empty, do not unscrew the piercer.
    ^^^This

Cool

Thanks , hopefully we can put this to bed ...

Good grief, this did help on my Tau 7, after several lost C02 bulbs, it did not leak. I had been applying a smear of oil (as I had read on other threads for the Tau 7), but that did not help. Amazed that vaseline did the job. As mentioned above, the user guide on the Pilkguns website refers to a slight amount of silicone grease on the o-ring in the piercing cap and on the bevel inside the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Good grief, this did help on my Tau 7, after several lost C02 bulbs, it did not leak. I had been applying a smear of oil (as I had read on other threads for the Tau 7), but that did not help. Amazed that vaseline did the job. As mentioned above, the user guide on the Pilkguns website refers to a slight amount of silicone grease on the o-ring in the piercing cap and on the bevel inside the chamber.
    Glad to hear it...hopefully you are now sorted...just one question... How often do you add the vaz...on every co2 or on every o ring??
    Cheers

Glad to hear it...hopefully you are now sorted...just one question... How often do you add the vaz...on every co2 or on every o ring??
    Cheers
    I would only apply a tiny amount infrequently to the chamber (and o-ring less so as not so easy to get at). I would not want too much in, as it probably mixes with the gas and finds its way into the valve seals. Not sure of the long term effect of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on the seals, but at least it got the pistol working.

The Pilkguns information on the Tau 7 is HERE. It advises to apply a very small amount of silicone grease to insides of the pressure vessel where the o-ring from the cap slides. This should be done infrequently as needed.

I do not have any silicone grease (yet) and suspect one has to be careful with its use (silicone oil is a no no for metal to metal surfaces). I did notice that when the Tau 7 arrived it had some very heavy/thick/sticky grease on the piercing cap/seals, not sure what it was but clearly it needs some heavy lubricant to help the seal in the piercing cap to work effectively.

The reason you get 2 piercer caps is, that co2 blows up seals literally; t makes seals swell like michelin men
    When swollen the dont work properly anymore. Once warmed up, they regain their original form.
    I have 3 Tau 7s. Have them for years. Only replaced 1 cap seal so far.
    Its a piece of cake to do.
    I use a tad of napier pelletlube on the bulbs before inserting, but thats mainly against rust.
    Slow leakage through cap is not a big tau 7 problem. Aeron I dunno. Slow leakage through valve seal is a Tau issue, but inherent to their very good temperature adjustability. Allthough later seals seem to be of different material.
    Few things to consider:
    some bulb brands cause problems; in my case, umarex bulbs. These do not have the same exact size of the crosmans. This causes the cap of my Junior to be pierced too early (before the seal can seal).
    Some piercer caps may lóók alike but are not and will blow off co2 instantly. AlfaProj/Tau/Aeron caps are not necessarily the same

Wouldnt blow off any unused co2. Not necessary, just leave it in.
    I do not bak off the cap either once pierced
    ATB,
    yana

Thanks Yana, I recall you mentioned rust in the barrel on other threads and that added oil is good preventative measure (likewise Crosman bulbs containing lubrication). I previously measured the Crosman bulbs as being around 82.58mm which as you say is shorter (better) than the Umerex which I measured as being around 83.07mm. Others that I measured were the generic JSR bulbs which at 82.60mm were close to the Crosman, and Cybergun at 83.20mm were similar to the Umerex.