Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana Mauser 98 replica

Diana Mauser 98 replica

Anyone have one in 177
    Sone confusion whether they are gas ram or Spring ?
    Any opinions as I like the look

Pyramid Air describe it as a "spring-piston".

The action is supposedly that of the RWS460, which as can be seen, is spring powered.
    Last edited by Airsporter1st; 28-09-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

OK thanks

mates got one in 177 defo spring..cheers

Definately some being advertised as Gas Ram !

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Definately some being advertised as Gas Ram !
    Have you a link to the adverts?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Microtia View Post
    Anyone have one in 177
    Sone confusion whether they are gas ram or Spring ?
    Any opinions as I like the look
    It's the same spring action in the 98/460/470 Diana's most powerful spring action with a 115mm stroke so it will feel a bit different to a hw99 at under 12 ft/lbs
    Only the 470 is heavy the 460 is only 8.1 lbs, the action is very robust and one finger cocking at UK power
    From what I know and heard .22 suit's these actions better than .177.
    I have not heard of a gas ram version and would like to see any link about a new version.

This is all because Protek must have dropped a bollock with cut n paste on their website advert between the Mauser copy and NTec 340 lol
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Mine in .22 is rather nice.
    I agree with Barry G as to calibre choice

I have one in .177 it was advertised as Gas Ram on Sportsguns.co.uk. I can see no indication that it would be spring, although it certainly sounds like a springer. There is no visible spring element despite what is show in the manual. The gun does come in several power variations from the German 7.5 joules model all the way up to a 35 Joule model, so there may be some that are spring and some that are gas ram.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Gerbil View Post
    I have one in .177 it was advertised as Gas Ram on Sportsguns.co.uk. I can see no indication that it would be spring, although it certainly sounds like a springer. There is no visible spring element despite what is show in the manual. The gun does come in several power variations from the German 7.5 joules model all the way up to a 35 Joule model, so there may be some that are spring and some that are gas ram.
    I think it is a misprint
    http://sportsguns.co.uk/air-rifles-uk/ramgass/fg98kjk

From Edgar Bros site:

The Diana K98 marks the beginning of a new chapter for the brand – breathing new life into this classic replica of the Mauser K98.The K98 is a spring powered, underlever air rifle. The rifle is cocked through an underlever, reducing barrel movment and increasing accuracy. The K98 also boasts Diana’s new T06 trigger system, and a stock crafted from solid wood, which is almost an exact replica of the original Mauser K98.A swivel sling and open sights are fitted as standard, alongside a 9-11mm rail to allow additional optics to be fitted. Product Details:
    Spring powered underlever
    T06 trigger system
    Solid wood stock
    Swivel sling and open sights
    9-11mm rail

I am very tempted ...
    Cheers, Phil

Certainly I've only ever heard of this rifle being Spring powered - (in the many months since it was first unveiled).

I am very tempted too
    but resisting at the moment ...

The K98 isn't showing on the Diana site but is on the GSG site (I believe GSG now owns Diana?) And this does advertise the rifle as spring powered. Bear in mind, that is the 7.5 joule version.
    Power variations are 7.5 joules, 16 joules, 30 joules and 35 joules. Unless someone has access to all the variations, it is possible that one or more "may" be gas ram. But as usual the trouble wit t'internet is consistancy of information and product. I know that some people have ordered theirs from Germany and have the lower powered 7.5 joule version, whereas those that have bought from RDs here in Blighty have the 16 joule version. The only place that shows the power of the rifle is on a sticker on the box.