Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polyurethane o rings?

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Just for everyone's benefit, there is a vendor on ebay goes by the name of Bohemia seal, and they supply awkward size o-rings even in very low qtys down to singles, have bought from them on a couple of occasions when stuck for a seal.
    Hi, does this seller go by any other names? I can't find one called Bohemia seal on the 'bay...

Cheers,

Mark.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Hi, does this seller go by any other names? I can't find one called Bohemia seal on the 'bay...

Cheers,

Mark.
    Think its the same seal as on the Crosman 600 and Drulov Condor. PM me your address and I will post urethane one, I have loads of them.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post

Cheers,

Mark.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bohemia_seal

Copy and paste the text into your browser because the link is wonk due to BBS rules
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Or http://www.bohemiaseal.cz/ but unfortunately I don't understand a word...
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

I tried the new spare piercing cap for the Tau 7 (which came with an o-ring fitted)....tightened up the piercing cap....all seemed fine....then all the gas p1$$ed out again!

Not happy with this situation, two piercing caps, apparently the correct o-rings, but all have wasted the gas from numerous 12gm Co2 bulbs of various manufacture. The seal blows out and distorts, they are just not holding the C02 pressure. I shall be looking for an alternative, either a greater radial thickness of seal, or a more rigid seal material (e.g. polyurethane).

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Think its the same seal as on the Crosman 600 and Drulov Condor. PM me your address and I will post urethane one, I have loads of them.

Baz
    Mark, posting seal tomorrow,

Baz

Mark, did the seal fit OK ? I have got a new load in at 90 degree Shore hardness and can keep them for use in the Aeron if yours OK. At the moment I use them in the Crosman 600/677 and Drulov. Also fits valve unit and end cap in Chinese CO2 rifle.

Baz

Last edited by Benelli B76; 19-09-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Hi Baz,

Not had a chance to fit the seal yet, been busy with my daughter home from uni' and ferrying her back at the weekend.

Should have a bit of breathing room now to go and have a tinker in the shed...

Cheers,

Mark.

Tau 7 "O" rings

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    I tried the new spare piercing cap for the Tau 7 (which came with an o-ring fitted)....tightened up the piercing cap....all seemed fine....then all the gas p1$$ed out again!

Not happy with this situation, two piercing caps, apparently the correct o-rings, but all have wasted the gas from numerous 12gm Co2 bulbs of various manufacture. The seal blows out and distorts, they are just not holding the C02 pressure. I shall be looking for an alternative, either a greater radial thickness of seal, or a more rigid seal material (e.g. polyurethane).
    Try googleing Tau 7 O rings look for a .pdf from www.luchbuks.net he maintains Tau 7's for the MIT in the USA where they have problems getting the right size O rings and he lists a full set of alternatives for all Tau 7 O Rings. Best of luck, could not post a link for you.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
    Hi
    I'm having trouble finding 19x2mm polyurethane o rings for my Aeron Brno B96.... Any ideas please...the normal ones seem to blow, I'm not the only one apparently , must be a fault?

Thanks
    Hi muzzie, i used to have a Tau 7 same problem then looking at a Crossman add decided to buy a tube of PELL GUN Lube,the red stuff NOT the silicone lube for spring guns,made to be used in all Crosmann co2 weapons,keeps the o-rings and internal seals soft and pliable.
    Only apply ONE small drop to the end of the bulb (large end),this will work its way through the internal seals, and a smear around the o-ring cap,this solved my problems instantly.Also used on couple of QB78,s same problem and result.stops the o-ring from snagging as you insert and tighten the cap,they also dont swell and go brittle.
    All of the members at my club use it on their CO2 pistols, rare to have to replace a damaged seal.
    No one empty's their CO2out,in most cases pressure remains very good.
    Only a few quid and lasts forever.
    Don.

It makes me wonder if people actually read the posts on these threads.

Baz

Finally got in the shed with the Zastava, the seal fitted a treat! So while I was at it, I decided to try one more thing to up the power and get it to punch something close to round holes in the target. I have had a go at most of the variables in the mechanism, but I had a thought last week about the size of the main valve, it measured just over 4mm,so I enlarged it to 3/16,which is around 4.7mm.
    Put it all back together and hey, success! It is down on the shot count, but that gave me a chance to examine the new seal after being soaked in liquid co2 for a few hours, no swelling evident and it went back into the bulb housing smoothly. Another success...

Just need to get it down to the range and set up the turning targets for some rapid fire fun!

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    Hi muzzie, i used to have a Tau 7 same problem then looking at a Crossman add decided to buy a tube of PELL GUN Lube,the red stuff NOT the silicone lube for spring guns,made to be used in all Crosmann co2 weapons,keeps the o-rings and internal seals soft and pliable.
    Only apply ONE small drop to the end of the bulb (large end),this will work its way through the internal seals, and a smear around the o-ring cap,this solved my problems instantly.Also used on couple of QB78,s same problem and result.stops the o-ring from snagging as you insert and tighten the cap,they also dont swell and go brittle.
    All of the members at my club use it on their CO2 pistols, rare to have to replace a damaged seal.
    No one empty's their CO2out,in most cases pressure remains very good.
    Only a few quid and lasts forever.
    Don.
    Cheers for that , fitted the nit o rings, with a little Vaseline ?? As instructed, tightened up the the screw, then loosened off a quarter turn, works a treat now.
    Cheers everyone for your advice, I knew I could count on you.
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

muzzie, why don't you just fit a top quality polyurethane O ring like I supplied Modski66, I have dozens of them. PM me your address and I will post free of charge. The same O ring fits the Crosman 600, Drulov Condor, the QB78 valve body and end cap and lots of old vintage CO2 pistols.

Baz

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Smile

lots of old vintage CO2 pistols.

Baz[/QUOTE]

Old....vintage...how dare you..
    Chris from Manchester sent me some...but I had already bought some nitraile70 ...I couldnt wait.
    I think just that quarter turn did the trick, I might be wrong, and the vaz, although next time I might use something a little better in the lube dept.
    I'll pm you my address, so if you don't mind sending some 15x2 inside diameter o rings that would be great, what lube , if any do you use?
    Cheers again
    Muzzie
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .