Thread: Could I have just found one of the earliest 77ks?

Could I have just found one of the earliest 77ks?

Hi guys,

I'm currently collecting a winter project a 77k in .22.

I bought a rusty action off here which is a 1984 mk1 but with no catch Ect Ect.

Then I stumbled across a push button catch in a box of spares, which I was told by someone in the know that mk1s had the click catch type.

Then last night I remembered I once many years ago bought a 77k action which I totally forgot about with no guts and no underleaver. Well I found where I safely put it all oiled up, and to my supprise it indeed had the ball catch set up on, so happy days I thought this is a mk1 complete, so all I need do is restore the rest, but then I thought what age is this one as I have a real thing for older the better.

Well couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 1000042 does this mean its one of the earlier and the 42nd? Or am I being silly to think that.

I see in the serial thread that john Baz has the oldest one at 1983 with a serial number of 1000375 I may be mistaking as that's from memory?

This will be fully restored and blued by Collin in the near future.

Any input welcome.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Dan944 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm currently collecting a winter project a 77k in .22.

I bought a rusty action off here which is a 1984 mk1 but with no catch Ect Ect.

Then I stumbled across a push button catch in a box of spares, which I was told by someone in the know that mk1s had the click catch type.

Then last night I remembered I once many years ago bought a 77k action which I totally forgot about with no guts and no underleaver. Well I found where I safely put it all oiled up, and to my supprise it indeed had the ball catch set up on, so happy days I thought this is a mk1 complete, so all I need do is restore the rest, but then I thought what age is this one as I have a real thing for older the better.

Well couldn't believe my eyes when I saw 1000042 does this mean its one of the earlier and the 42nd? Or am I being silly to think that.

I see in the serial thread that john Baz has the oldest one at 1983 with a serial number of 1000375 I may be mistaking as that's from memory?

This will be fully restored and blued by Collin in the near future.

Any input welcome.

Yours seems to be 1983 aswell going by the online Database , i would email Weihrauch info@weihrauch-sport.de and ask them politely for more information about your rifle , obviously include serial number etc
    i forgot to say it may take a few weeks for reply but they are pretty good and ive had all enquiries answered below is an example of what i sent them in email you can change it to suit you....

Email subject: Dating Of Air Rifle

Hi My name is ***** and i was wondering if you could please tell me the date of manufacture/import date and any other information about my Weihrauch HW77k Serial No" ********
    Anything will be greatly appreciated, and i hope you have some information for me.
    Thank you for your help.
    Kind Regards *****

hope that helps
    Last edited by Danny_Town; 02-09-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks so far that's very helpfull.

Will send them a email this weekend.