Thread: Air arms mistral (jackal) trigger problem

Air arms mistral (jackal) trigger problem

Hi there does anyone have a tripdown guide or help of some sort regarding the trigger mechanism
    the trigger was working before i serviced this rifle but now ive put it back together but the trigger is not working
    i put everything back as it came out as far as i can tell but the piston just seems to stick halfway through cocking basically where the piston hits the first sear
    im just scratching my head over this one
    i have removed the bear trap mechanism while i figure this out so its not the safety ratchet
    any help would be much apreciated thanks
    A CUP WITHOUT A HANDLE IS A BOWL BUT A HANDLE WITHOUT A BOWL IS USELESS

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    is the trigger cocked ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

check the leaf springs, sometimes just taking the trigger group out and refitting resolves the problem, see chambers site for a diagram - also check that there aren't any burrs or nicks in the cocking slot causing the jam...
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

HI I solved this thanks.. It was a case of the sear which engages the trigger blade was in slightly the wrong position again thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbobo1 View Post
    HI I solved this thanks.. It was a case of the sear which engages the trigger blade was in slightly the wrong position again thanks
    Hey hey ... welcome to the club! The first time I put one together it took me ages as it seemed to all go back so easily ... but it failed. Then I had lunch, had another look, tried again and it was fine ....
    Cheers, Phil

Yeah it was only ever so slightly wrong... But I reffered back to pictures I took before I started just incase there was problems... I like to think I know a thing or two but always take pics... So glad I did or I would still be messing about now lol