Thread: Tau 7 Match wanted

Tau 7 wanted

Anyone got one spare ?
    Last edited by mikehill; 06-09-2016 at 04:30 PM.

I just recently got a Tau7 compact from Sureshot at a very reasonable price. Lovely gun, first card at club with it was a 48 (4 tens), but my daughter has decided to take up the sport and stolen it off me.
    Anyway may be worth contacting Matt at sureshot and see what he's got

Thanks David, will look into it

A 'true' Tau Match (CO2) was sold at our recent Airgun Fair (13th Aug). They are becoming quite rare. Ask ZOOMA on here about them
    Last edited by I. J.; 05-09-2016 at 03:12 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Not sure if this is the match, Link
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Thanks for that link :-)

Nope, thats a Sport.
    The original Match version has laminate grip and forend.
    Allthough the last sold now have normal walnut grips as they are selling out due to the Tau mk8 replacing it.
    But I think the TS just looks for a Tau 7. Thats the Standard.
    I NEVER seen a Match sold sec hand. And only 1 Sport version.
    The Match shows up at egun.de regularly
    Here's 1 4 sale in Holland:
    http://sport.tweedehands.net/schiets...ndleiding.html
    (too expensive though, as you can buy them new from Tau for that money)
    Last edited by hwtyger; 07-09-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    ATB,
    yana

Hi, I know that Mays of London had 2 for sale about a week ago, I think they are Sports also

Thanks for the link. Looks like I may not find a proper match ... so all models considered :-)

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    A 'true' Tau Match (CO2) was sold at our recent Airgun Fair (13th Aug). They are becoming quite rare. Ask ZOOMA on here about them
    I recently sold my genuine TAU 7 Match to a fellow club member who has been shooting it every week since he bought it.

Before the change in the firearms act many model shops, hardware shops, and sports shops etc could also sell airguns legally and many chose to do so.

Rossendale Models never sold any air rifles but we did sell some match pistols (including the FAS 604) and when I heard about the "new" TAU 7 Match I bought the only 3 examples of these that the UK importer had at the time.

As far as I know all 3 examples are still local and the one that I bought for myself was the most recent one to gain a new owner.

The original type of genuine TAU 7 Match is a rare beast and is well worth searching for.

I started a thread here on the BBS some time back about the TAU 7 Match to help potential buyers recognise them as so many TAU 7 pistols were being sold as "TAU 7 Match" but they were in fact just ordinary TAU 7 air pistols - and not the genuine and rare "Match" variant.

This was probably because all TAU 7 pistols can be considered to be "match pistols" as that is what they are - but the model branded and sold as the TAU 7 Match was a different animal and always was more expensive to buy and much harder to find as so few were actually made.

If I can find the original thread I will add a link to it here as it does make some interesting and informative reading.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ....I started a thread here on the BBS some time back about the TAU 7 Match to help potential buyers recognise them as so many TAU 7 pistols were being sold as "TAU 7 Match" but they were in fact just ordinary TAU 7 air pistols - and not the genuine and rare "Match" variant......If I can find the original thread I will add a link to it here as it does make some interesting and informative reading.
    Ah yes, THIS one you updated today, cheers.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 15-09-2016 at 09:21 PM.