Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gamo cf20 mod version any information.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Result 😄
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    you know the barrels come out right ?

Under one of the forestock screws, there is a grubscrew (allen head); back it out. Then heat up a bit to break the loctite, and unscrew the barrel.

(obviously remove all plastic bits first).
    As I'm on a Gamo spree, this thread comes up from the deep again..
    Does anybody know which threads the barrels have?
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    As I'm on a Gamo spree, this thread comes up from the deep again..
    Does anybody know which threads the barrels have?

i think it was a 14mm fine, but it was a long while ago !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks
    Of course its metric... Thats not easy on the South bend without translating gears.
    But then again no real need to replace barrels on the Gamos as for now, I should be doing a lot of other work before thats even thought of.
    Too many airguns!

Thanks
    Of course its metric... Thats not easy on the South bend without translating gears.
    But then again no real need to replace barrels on the Gamos as for now, I should be doing a lot of other work before thats even thought of.
    had the same problem with my old Portass and Winfield lathes - so I bought an (equally old) Atlas that covers metric threads too

As the Gamos are seeking my attention these days, I suddenly had the idea to compare the CF-30 to the CF-20.
    I started by looking at the two side-by-side, and noticed that the actions, barrels and cocking levers look identical, and the cocking lever has the same arc.
    The only real external differences I find are the stock and the loading tap..
    Which leads me to believe they may actually be the same base gun???
    Too many airguns!

As the Gamos are seeking my attention these days, I suddenly had the idea to compare the CF-30 to the CF-20.
    I started by looking at the two side-by-side, and noticed that the actions, barrels and cocking levers look identical, and the cocking lever has the same arc.
    The only real external differences I find are the stock and the loading tap..
    Which leads me to believe they may actually be the same base gun???
    They are the same gun with the differences you note and some to the spring guides
    As to tuning both will benefit from a piston liner along with a new quality spring and a new piston seal. The breech efficiency can be tested with talc or flour on the breech areas as any leak will show on firing. The trigger is easily sorted, see Chris McCall on You Tube for info, also needs a longer adjusting screw to complete the transformation. With this work done you should have a nice accurate gun with a sweet trigger producing 11+fpe. I have both and find other springer shooters sometimes do not believe they are Gamos because they perform so well at 55yd ranges

Thanks!
    The CF-20/30 and the CFX have better potential than other Gamos which suffer som a lousy breech bolt arrangement.
    The plan is to start some Gamo tinkering once my CFX arrives.
    That includes sealing the breech plugs up better, custom springs with new snug guides and steel tophats, plus perhaps some trigger work.
    People on the forums seem to recommend Maccari/ARHs E3650 or Merlin springs in the Gamos, I have some of both springs after earlier HW95 experiments, plus a selection of various 25mm seals from Maccari, so its just time and motivation thats needed to get the guns good.
    Too many airguns!