Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed up

Fed up

A totally self centred bleat, for which I apologise.

We came back from a wonderful trip to Asia full of new perspective and realising how easy our lives are in comparison with others, I was even pledging to stop moaning about work.

Firstly a number of family commitments ruled me out of any shooting for a while- ok hardly a world stopper.
    Then a dear friend died after what appeared to be successful surgery for cancer( the funeral this w/e means I'll miss the SIHFT again, but that is totally selfish of me)

Then I came down yesterday morning to find our beloved, seemingly fit as a fiddle, labrador unconcious on the floor. Despite an emergency trip to the vet he didn't make it. He was such a character and full of beans, the house feels like someone has ripped the soul out of it. It is heartbreaking to see the collie he grew up with searching for him and then looking at me.

God I feel awful.

Sorry, needed to get it off my chest

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    No need to apologise Richard, sorry to read about your friend and your dog, hope things improve for you soon.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    No need to apologise Richard, sorry to read about your friend and your dog, hope things improve for you soon.
    Thanks Charles,I don't recall ever feeling this sad.

Get a grip, sonny, get a grip

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Thanks Charles,I don't recall ever feeling this sad.

Get a grip, sonny, get a grip
    If it all gets too much for you, jump in the car, get yourself to Portsmouth and over on the ferry to Caen, we're only an hour and a quarters drive south, I'll even take you to the local club where you can teach me how to shoot a rimfire.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Sorry to hear this Richard. Life does deal some awful hands at the most unexpected of times.

I hope things improve soon for you. You are a good guy and deserve so.

Take care.

Charlie.

Sorry to hear what life has dealt you this week - enough to make anyone grumpy at the least!

Hope to see you back around soon!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Tough time, Richard, and Charles' sentiment (enough to make anyone grumpy) is spot on.

Hope things on the up side - and soon.

Mike
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Sorry to hear that mate. Saddest day of my life when I took my old Lab to be put to sleep I feel your pain.

Prefer dogs to people. Not in a sexual way though( In case someone is monitoring).

I will put a nice 45mm Rat on a raft at 25yds next time you are at ours.

Andy.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Sending you a manly hug Rich (in a non gay manner, of course-although you are a damned attractive fellow).

Sincerely sorry mate-had the same thing almost 2 years ago with my lad and I still think about him every day with sadness.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

That is bad luck!

Shame about your friends!

If you could only make SIHFT we could give you a Jolly good thrashing, just to show life is still normal!

GAY hug on the way! XXX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thank you guys. You have no idea how much that helps.

Richard

Yes I feel for you, still keep expecting Storm to be on the couch when I get up in the morning,

No way is that a "self-centred bleat" - it's no easy thing to open your heart up and tell others what's going on for you right now.

I can tell you from personal experience - whilst you will never forget, you do slowly start to learn to live with what has happened. Me telling you that will make bugger all difference right now to how you are feeling, Richard - but believe me, it's true.

We all look forward to seeing on a shoot at some time over the next few weeks/months - whenever you can feel able to see our ugly mugs again.

That is just downright bad luck. I hope everything works out.

Dont worry about the team as we will keep things ticking over for you.

I would tell you to keep your chin up but going by your previous experience with that area of your anatomy that probably isn't a good idea

See you soon,

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

I dont know you mate , probably seen you around on the circuit but just wanted to say life can be shit and very testing at times , ive not had the best couple of years due to losses of very close family members .

But it really does get easier to bear im a very firm believer that what gives us as men strength , is not lifting weights in a gym but lifting yourself from the bottom when life knocks you down .

You will get there !!.

Russ
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT