Thread: Baikal Makarov Questions Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HiveTool View Post
    I'm on the lookout for one of these, I almost got one when they first came out in the 90's, but I couldn't justify it at the time, buying online (where I live there are not really any local gun shops, I have to beg a lift from my neighbour for a 40 mile round trip to a decent gun shop) how do I know that I am getting a decent one (earlier = decent), I've looked and they can range in price quite significantly, any pointers greatly received.

Have read here:http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...forum.php?f=64

More Makarov help needed.

I'm having the same problem with gas leaking on a model marked T06 055974. What year would that be? It's sealing at the neck of the cartridge, but leaking through the ports above.

Anyone know where I can get some spare seals? And I'd like to reinstall the original screw in the magazine, but can't find them either. Someone has snapped the screwdriver bit on the tool, a replacement would be cool, but a wide screwdriver will do if I can't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice65 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with gas leaking on a model marked T06 055974. What year would that be? It's sealing at the neck of the cartridge, but leaking through the ports above.

Anyone know where I can get some spare seals? And I'd like to reinstall the original screw in the magazine, but can't find them either. Someone has snapped the screwdriver bit on the tool, a replacement would be cool, but a wide screwdriver will do if I can't find one.
    Sadly the original Mak forum with all stickies/how-to's etc died some years ago but much of the info I wrote and relevant pictures (making tools, base screws, seal info, upgrades etc) is buried in this topic so well worth a delve):

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...bout11253.html
    Last edited by felix gunner; 13-12-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Quote Originally Posted by felix gunner View Post
    Sadly the original Mak forum with all stickies/how-to's etc died some years ago but much of the info I wrote (making tools, base scress, seal info, upgrades etc) is buried in this topic so well worth a delve):

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...bout11253.html
    Thank you fella, I shall have a browse this evening.

Think I've found the problem and solution. There are supposed to be 2 within the magazine at the point it meets the barrel, a clear yellow silicone, and a larger black one. The black one is missing, so a new set of seals are on the way.

Though this is my second Mak, I'm enjoying slowly getting to know what's what. Who knows, I'll be trigger polishing soon

Help much appreciated, thanks.

i bought one back in 2001 second hand but like new in the box wrapped in grease paper i only paid £40 for it sold it a mate for what i paid who had a rat problem under his Garden shed i know he's still got it so i will try and buy it back off him.
    DMC.
    watch this space