Thread: Baikal Makarov Questions Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!

Baikal Makarov Questions Please

Hello Guys,

I picked up a second hand Baikal Makarov on Gunstar recently but the magazine is leaking.

When a cartridge is inserted there is a slow hissing sound and while the pistol will operate this is obviously not correct.

So I did some research and it sounds like the seals are the problem, I managed to remove the top 2 seals and soaked them in silicone oil for a while and re-installed them but now the CO2 is blasting out of the valve on the right hand side!

So back onto Google and it seems there is a third seal in this valve...doh! I have found some videos of how to strip the magazine but one is in Spanish and the other German and both seem to carry out a complete strip of the right hand valve and I was wondering if this is actually required in order to replace the seal or is there an easier way that anyone could help me with please?

I thought I would soak all 3 seals in silicone oil overnight before trying to order replacement seals to see if that works, new magazines seem to be hard to come buy and they cost around £50 so that's not an option!

I have loads more questions but maybe I should save them as that was quite a long post already

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Chris
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Pelgunoil oil is the stuff to use with seals. Silicone oil is funny stuff and I am not sure it is good for seals. I am told that pelgunoil oil is actually automatic transmission oil, which makes sense to me.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Just put new seals in, it is a very simple job. Pellgun oil is not a cure all when things are worn out.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Well I fixed the leaky seals by soaking them in silicone oil overnight but now I have another problem! Haha
    I pulled the trigger when the slide was locked back and now the slide is completely stuck...help please

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Well I fixed the leaky seals by soaking them in silicone oil overnight but now I have another problem! Haha
    I pulled the trigger when the slide was locked back and now the slide is completely stuck...help please
    my bet is the hammer is now inside the slide, I think I remember this happening to me , I did get it back but can't remember how ,might be as simple as pulling trigger while pulling back on slide and lifting slightly .sorry I can't be of more help .will have a look at mine later.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    my bet is the hammer is now inside the slide, I think I remember this happening to me , I did get it back but can't remember how ,might be as simple as pulling trigger while pulling back on slide and lifting slightly .sorry I can't be of more help .will have a look at mine later.
    Much appreciated pal
    It is possible that if I can get something inside to cock the hammer it may release the slide? I've also managed to remover the safety catch so any tips on getting that reinstalled would be appreciated! I really shouldn't be allowed anywhere near guns...haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    Pelgunoil oil is the stuff to use with seals. Silicone oil is funny stuff and I am not sure it is good for seals. I am told that pelgunoil oil is actually automatic transmission oil, which makes sense to me.
    your right pellgun oil is automatic transmission oil and i can get loads of it from work lol i sort all the lads at our club with it
    Fx impact fx wildcat mk3 fx dreamline compact tac fx verminator mk2 and a few pistols

Well I managed to unlock the slide by pulling down the trigger guard as you would if removing the slide then pulled back and up and off she came!

Now just the safety catch to go back...help please

Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I have a Baikal Makarov, all steel bought in around 94. Very well made and never been fired. From what I have seen it is much better than later models and must be Generation 1. Clearly is the converted 9mm.
    Lurchermiss