Thread: Fwb 300 rt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fwb 300 rt

Hi

I am new to the forum but have been shooting all sorts of airguns for over forty years. I have been away from the sport for a while though and am wondering about the value of my FWB 300 RT. I am the only owner of the gun having bought it new in the Eighties. It is in mint, original condition. I realise this is a rare gun and sought after by collectors but any help on value would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
    Hi

I am new to the forum but have been shooting all sorts of airguns for over forty years. I have been away from the sport for a while though and am wondering about the value of my FWB 300 RT. I am the only owner of the gun having bought it new in the Eighties. It is in mint, original condition. I realise this is a rare gun and sought after by collectors but any help on value would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Maybe £550-£750 privately for a thumbhole stock 300S RT, more from a dealer? They are quite scarce and desirable as collectables but you might as well have a much cheaper 300SU to shoot unless you're a keen running boar buff. I've seen them sell for quite a bit more when a B Nickel RT 'scope is fitted - they cost an arm and a leg new.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks Garvin, much appreciated. This one is original owner mint and I have seen inferior examples trade between collectors for well over that top end figure.

I'd echo the above from Danny.

I was thinking ballpark figures of £450-475 for a standard RT, £550-600 for the S with adjustable cheekpiece and perhaps a touch more for the thumbhole variant.

They don't often come up for sale so as ever it's a bit of a guess. The rarity has to be balanced against the fact that for many the 300 series are a popular Bell Target rifle, and the abscence of diopters on the RT variants reduces the number of potential buyers. Still they command a healthy premium over regular 300's, and are especially sought after in the U.S, but the difficulty of shipping effectively excludes that market.

When/if you decide to sell do get some good quality photos to show the condition and maximise your return. HTH

Thanks guys. I know prices are higher in the US, and that it's not really feasible to get the FWB over there, but I was also under the impression demand and prices were higher in Germany too. Mine is the thumbhole version and is fitted with the same era original Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10, also in mint condition. It was professionally reset to air gun focus distances at the time.

Mine cost just over £400 delivered but was the basic model and without scope, bought from Germany. Couple of years back.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Keep it! I sold my first one. Turned myself inside out with regret and now have reinstated one into my collection. My most accurate springer to 35 yards. I compete against myself with a Steyr lg hunter to set the pace and try to emulate with the rt. More often than not I can. Sensational gun. I had dave price create me a two stage trigger though. Just a thought.
    https://www.walnut.black