Thread: Fwb 300 rt

Fwb 300 rt

Hi

I am new to the forum but have been shooting all sorts of airguns for over forty years. I have been away from the sport for a while though and am wondering about the value of my FWB 300 RT. I am the only owner of the gun having bought it new in the Eighties. It is in mint, original condition. I realise this is a rare gun and sought after by collectors but any help on value would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
    Hi

I am new to the forum but have been shooting all sorts of airguns for over forty years. I have been away from the sport for a while though and am wondering about the value of my FWB 300 RT. I am the only owner of the gun having bought it new in the Eighties. It is in mint, original condition. I realise this is a rare gun and sought after by collectors but any help on value would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Maybe £550-£750 privately for a thumbhole stock 300S RT, more from a dealer? They are quite scarce and desirable as collectables but you might as well have a much cheaper 300SU to shoot unless you're a keen running boar buff. I've seen them sell for quite a bit more when a B Nickel RT 'scope is fitted - they cost an arm and a leg new.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks Garvin, much appreciated. This one is original owner mint and I have seen inferior examples trade between collectors for well over that top end figure.

I'd echo the above from Danny.

I was thinking ballpark figures of £450-475 for a standard RT, £550-600 for the S with adjustable cheekpiece and perhaps a touch more for the thumbhole variant.

They don't often come up for sale so as ever it's a bit of a guess. The rarity has to be balanced against the fact that for many the 300 series are a popular Bell Target rifle, and the abscence of diopters on the RT variants reduces the number of potential buyers. Still they command a healthy premium over regular 300's, and are especially sought after in the U.S, but the difficulty of shipping effectively excludes that market.

When/if you decide to sell do get some good quality photos to show the condition and maximise your return. HTH

Thanks guys. I know prices are higher in the US, and that it's not really feasible to get the FWB over there, but I was also under the impression demand and prices were higher in Germany too. Mine is the thumbhole version and is fitted with the same era original Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10, also in mint condition. It was professionally reset to air gun focus distances at the time.

Mine cost just over £400 delivered but was the basic model and without scope, bought from Germany. Couple of years back.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Keep it! I sold my first one. Turned myself inside out with regret and now have reinstated one into my collection. My most accurate springer to 35 yards. I compete against myself with a Steyr lg hunter to set the pace and try to emulate with the rt. More often than not I can. Sensational gun. I had dave price create me a two stage trigger though. Just a thought.
    https://www.walnut.black

Not sure what to do with it to be honest. I know it will sell for a good price to the right person as it is mint and has only had about 1000 pellets through it in its lifetime. I genuinely believe it could be the best example anywhere. It's just that as I get older and my health isn't great, I have too much stuff and the kids aren't interested in inheriting it all, would just be a headache for them. Personally, I like single stage triggers as I am used to them from full bore rifle.

If you don't use it and probably won't, offer it on here and it will go to a good home. Most people here are pretty damn decent so you won't get messed about with.

If you do decide to do so, as a relative "newbie" do take a quick look at the rules for offering items for sale on the BBS and in particular those relating to valuation threads like this one, so as not to inadvertently and innocently fall foul of any of them.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Thanks to everyone for their advice, all much appreciated. Have taken some pics today and reminded myself what a special piece of engineering this is. Will have a think about it and proceed according to the rules. Cheers.

Well I await with interest to see if you get your price... you may increase your chances if you split the 300RT and the Leupold scope (or at least price them separately) - the latter might invite interest from a wider audience, perhaps?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Well I await with interest to see if you get your price... you may increase your chances if you split the 300RT and the Leupold scope (or at least price them separately) - the latter might invite interest from a wider audience, perhaps?
    You may well be right Gavin, but I would like to see them go together for sentimental reasons. I have taken advice from various people regarding price, including some who have bought the same rifle in the past year and have paid close to £1k for examples nowhere near as good as this one. That's in the UK too. Prices are firmer in Germany and the US. I genuinely believe this is one of the finest examples left anywhere and if it doesn't make top money I will be happy to keep it. I have owned scores of fine airguns since I was a lad and now at 53, this is the last one I have left.