Thread: Order info on oiling syringes?

Order info on oiling syringes?

My last syringe has bust!!! I use them for oiling My HW75 and Gamo AF10 with a couple of drops of Pellgunoil, plus other uses. The info on the syringe has worn off but I believe I bought them on the bay. A pack of 5 or ten was around £3.Think they are insulin syringes but don't remember what sizes of needle or syringe are. I've looked for them, but again, don't know the sizes. Anyone else use them? Any order info? Or an alternative. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    My last syringe has bust!!! I use them for oiling My HW75 and Gamo AF10 with a couple of drops of Pellgunoil, plus other uses. The info on the syringe has worn off but I believe I bought them on the bay. A pack of 5 or ten was around £3.Think they are insulin syringes but don't remember what sizes of needle or syringe are. I've looked for them, but again, don't know the sizes. Anyone else use them? Any order info? Or an alternative. ATB. Pete.
    Hi, you might remember me from chantry,
    Try this https://www.amazon.co.uk/KS-Tools-55...on+oil+dropper
    Refillable with any oil you want.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I have a hollow needle oil dropper like THIS in which I have put the oil of my choice.

There are some like this on the bay and Amazon but they tend not to state the material or they state LDPE (low density PE - recycle code 4). HDPE (high density PE - recycle code 2) is ideal, this is the type of plastic that 1 Litre motor oils are supplied in for long term storage. LDPE is not so resistant to oils, or even daylight long term (Edit: I have just handled some LDPE that had been left outdoors in daylight...it cracked and fell apart so clearly not suitable for long term storage of oils).

I have used some empty plastic eye dropper bottles (Optrex and Systane) which work great for different grades of oil. Not such a long dropper but very controllable. The grade of material is not stated so I will monitor their performance. The Systane bottle has PE inside a pentagon, but not found out whether that is LD or HD.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 10-09-2016 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Edit added about degraded LDPE

Thanks for the suggestions guy's. The Gamo AF10 is a sod to lube with its air intake hole on the underside of the cylinder. You have to open the gun halfway and get a needle in at an angle with gun upside down! I found the syringes good for injecting into the HW75 felt washer that sits under the air intake hole rather than just, spilling "some" oil onto it. Appreciate your time. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.