Thread: mystery Thyme & Søn air gun

tpe Guest

mystery Thyme & Søn air gun

Has anyone ever heard of or has any info on a Thyme & Søn air gun, i have been offered one and all i know up to now is the make and cant find anything on it anywhere.

thanks

tim

mroek Guest
    From the name it sounds Scandinavian, probably Danish. Could be Norwegian also, but less likely. Swedish or Finnish out of the question.

Other than that, I have no clue, sorry.

Regards
    -Øyvind

tpe Guest
    Many thanks mroek, har heller ikke ku finde dem her, men, men

tim

mroek Guest
    Too bad..

Og ellers var det jo litt dårlig av meg å ikke se at du faktisk bor i Danmark... :-)

GMF Guest
    Please, please, Gentelmen English for us poor slob's

tpe Guest
    Anyone watch the footy? since last night being an Englishman in denmark just got a whole load harder, 4-1 kraft edder mig...

tim

just interested,do all you scandanavians speak the same language or each have your own?

yeah but we've got some dumb swede in charge

mroek Guest
    Sorry about that. What I said (in Norwegian) was that I should have noticed that tpe actually lives in Denmark.

The Scandinavian languages Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are different, but we can for the most part understand each other. I have no problems with either language. We Norwegians are also regarded as the most proficient in cross-language skills, more so than our Danish and Swedish neighbours.
    Finnish is totally different, btw.

There are close bonds between the three countries. Norway has been in union with both Denmark and Sweden, and we became fully independent in 1905 when the union with Sweden was dissolved.

Regards
    -Øyvind

tpe Guest
    Actually all though all the scandinavian languages (except finnish, which came from a bunch of emigrating hungarians) are so similar that most scandinavians can mostly understand each other they are also very similar to english. If you are used to a scots accent you will probably do well in west denmark.

If you change the danish hv to w and d to t you can read a fair amount of danish/norweigain streight of if you can read english. hvad = what hvor = where etc the same with g to y dag = day.

The above are because we shared a common language, but later on when the vikings started arriving in england they went even further comming over with technologoy and trade, hence terms like ankor, sail, dæk etc are the same in scandinavian as english.

I live in københaven which if pronounced in old danish is shoppenhavn or where the english shopping haven comes from, so when the danes came over to the uk they changed the modern language quite a bit and are responcible for the wifes greatest pleasures like shopping etc.

Contrary to popular beleif they didnt rape and pillage that much and didnt change the gene pool a lot, prefering to be the high tech influence and not mixing too much with the local girls, either that or they thought they ernt pretty enough and left them alone? or perhaps they thought it would have a deleterious affect on their offsprings ability to play football?

tim

thanks for educating me on that one.from what i've seen on the TV your countries look beautifull,very clean and fresh and unlike england not too many people living in them.
    atb,
    nick

tim that hurts .don't you know we invented football,rugby,cricket etc etc.
    its a shame we're crap at them all