Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2016 - Round 10 results

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Cool Sussex Interclub HFT 2016 - Round 10 results

Hi Everyone

Well, what a day. Looking and feeling the weather – lots of sunshine and seemingly no wind – when we arrived I do not think there would have been too much surprise at a whole bunch of clearances and high 50s on the cards.

WRONG!

You forgot to take in to account the almost invisible breeze in the top field. And no one would have thought that Charles and the Oakie gang could have set out such beastly range traps in the woods. I believe there has been only one other round in the year with a lower top score (56). Well done chaps; the rest of us shall have to learn from you for 2017.

Here is the full set of results …..

Firstname Surname Club Class Score Hscore % Badge T(eam)
    Kevin Catt Meon Valley O 56 56 100.0% Gold T
    Peter Goodwin Iden Fern O 55 55 98.2% G T
    Stuart Tennent Meon Valley O 55 55 98.2% G T
    Roger Dibbens Buxted O 54 54 96.4% G T
    Kevin Hills Buxted O 54 54 96.4% G T
    Philip Jacobs Horsham O 54 54 96.4% G T
    Mike Seagrave Meon Valley O 54 54 96.4% G T
    Mike Burgess Swallows O 53 53 94.6% G T
    Darren Hynes Iden Fern O 53 53 94.6% G T
    Justin Rayner Buxted O 53 53 94.6% G T
    Graeme Cargan Oaks O 52 52 92.9% G T
    Vince Guy Swallows O 52 52 92.9% G T
    Adam Longhurst Buxted O 52 52 92.9% G T
    Kim Lum Swallows O 52 52 92.9% G T
    Chris Roberts Oaks O 52 52 92.9% G T
    Simon Whittick Horsham O 52 52 92.9% G T
    Steve Miller Meon Valley O 51 51 91.1% Silver T
    Simon Williams Oaks O 51 51 91.1% S T
    Mike Byford Oaks O 50 50 89.3% S T
    Ewan Hobbs Iden Fern O 50 50 89.3% S T
    Paul Somerville Meon Valley O 50 50 89.3% S T
    Damian Walker Oaks O 50 50 89.3% S T
    Abigail Maw Buxted J 49 49 87.5% G T
    Jon Newton-May Buxted O 49 49 87.5% S
    Roy Pearce Iden Fern O 49 49 87.5% S T
    Stephen Cumming Meon Valley O 48 48 85.7% S
    Aaron Friend Oaks O 48 48 85.7% S
    Steb Martinez Ford O 48 48 85.7% S T
    Charles Peal Oaks .22 48 48 85.7% G
    Russ Conner Buxted O 47 47 83.9% S
    Mykala Sadler Buxted O 47 47 83.9% S
    Don Vickers Meon Valley O 47 47 83.9% S
    Don Berrington Horsham O 46 46 82.1% Bronze T
    Lisa Bowell Iden Fern L 46 46 82.1% S T
    Justin Roberts Ford O 46 46 82.1% B T
    Mick White Meon Valley R 46 46 82.1% S
    Nick Byrne Meon Valley O 45 45 80.4% B
    Peter Hunt Buxted O 45 45 80.4% B
    Jean Greatrex Maldon L 44 44 78.6% S T
    Ivan Edmiston Buxted O 43 43 76.8% B
    Bob Morris Ford R 43 43 76.8% S T
    Barbara Pearce Iden Fern L 43 43 76.8% S
    Kevin Wickson Buxted O 43 43 76.8% B
    Rick Bowell Iden Fern R 42 42 75.0% S
    Phil Moody Horsham O 42 42 75.0% B T
    Derek Watson Horsham R 42 42 75.0% S T
    Barry Blackham Ford O 41 41 73.2% T
    Dan Hawes Iden Fern R 41 41 73.2% B
    Richard Nightingale Oaks O 39 39 69.6%
    Sophie Smith Horsham L 39 39 69.6% B
    James Cumming Meon Valley O 38 38 67.9%
    Gabriel Hobbs Iden Fern P 38 42 67.9% S
    Roddy Pettit Swallows J 38 38 67.9% B T
    John Thwaites Ford O 38 38 67.9% T
    Glen Turner Ford O 37 37 66.1%
    Anthony Smith Horsham O 35 35 62.5%
    Paul Chantler Iden Fern .22 33 33 58.9%
    Alasdair Ridley Swallows R 33 33 58.9% T
    John Kirkwood Horsham R 30 30 53.6%
    Nigel Hammond Buxted O DNF
    Shaun Willson Oaks O DNF

Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you spot anything you think is amiss.

Three new Platinum badges issued in this final round – to Kevin Hills, Graeme Cargan and Adam Longhurst. Well done guys. Apologies to Kevin for calling out a.n.other name when the Platinums were issued – put right in the clubhouse after the crowds had dispersed, but you deserved the round of applause.

Prize drawer winners today were :

• Paul Chantler – the £30 cash prize, and
    • Charles Peal – the Air Arms goody bag

Team scores today and cumulative points for the 2016 SIHFT Season are:
    Club Round 9 2016 Total Points
    Meon Valley 266 102
    Buxted 262 103
    Oaks 255 114
    Iden Fern 253 62
    Horsham 236 86
    Swallows 228 66
    Ford 216 74
    Maldon 186 74

Today only MAD – which sole representative was Lady Jean - required lucky-dip cards up to the max 3 allowed by the rules.

Just in case it needs pointing out, the Team Results table above are in order of those winning Round 10. If you scan across to the year’s cumulative figure, you may spot that just sneaking in to grab the overall Team WIN for the year is ………. Mile Oak

With the unmissable Grand Finale still to go that is otherwise ‘it’ for SIHFT in 2016. It was announced today that the GF is to be hosted by Horsham Hawks and the date (9th October) should already be in your diaries. Given the idea worked through today during discussion with Hawkies head-of-state (Phil J), there will be much fun to be had as well as trophies to pick up and major prizes to take away, but only if you are present on the day.

I will be posting the full set of end-of-year individual class results here (or nearby) very shortly, but can announce now that there have been quite a few moves in the trophy winning places …. And down the tables too. Keep your eyes peeled for the post.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

That went well then.......

Sorry if i was moaning all morning...having a bad hair day..

Despite my efforts to give all the other teams a boost!...We still kicked their bums!....

Thanks guys, nice seeing you all again, sorry about the sun...in shall change its trajectory for next time XX

Spongeyshotgun
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

I made the team score I can sleep a happy man, cheers Justin for your company today, a big thanks to all those who has made the SIHFT possible yet another great competition.

Thanks Oakies, sorry to Kim and Vince about my DNF, thanks Spongey and Chris for your voices of encouragement, but couldnt hit a barn door and really wasnt in the mood.

First time I checked a course sorry if I got it wrong but I was honoured to be asked, thanks Chris.

Hopefully see you all in a few weeks.

Regards
    No Hope

why oh why oh why did I mess up on peg 3 !!!!

Still - Well done KevHills (oh look at that 13 yarder I think I'll shoot it as if it's only 8!) on a much deserved Platinum - I did enjoy the applause tho

Thanks Oakies.
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

I woke up this morning turned to my smart phone looked up the weather for Mile Oak on the Met Office app and thought to myself "I might have a real chance of getting my third gold of the SIHFT"

Well how wrong could I be I mean honestly guys, some of those traps were just genius, you would walk up to a peg and think "How easy is that?" but when you got down you soon realised a lot of thought and adjustment went into setting up the shots. Making maximum use of the dark woods, the slopes, bumps, undulations, targets and even the pegs was very, very clever.

So, after all that, all I have to say is, I HATE YOU I HATE YOU ALL ........You will all suffer in kind when we return the favour early next year at Ford

In the meantime, while I wait for my sweet revenge, can I just say a huge thank you to Mike and the SIHFT club team leaders for once again being the drivers behind the success that is the SIHFT, it is a real pleasure to be part of such a wonderful competition.

See you all on the 9th of October.

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Oaks Summer Open leader board

As today's SIHFT round also counted towards the Oaks Open summer league I have updated the leader board - its still Roger out in the lead but plenty who could catch him!

Scores are on the attached link - look at the last entry on the thread.
    http://610454.xobor.com/t285486f9-Oa...e.html#msg9721
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Charles44 View Post
    As today's SIHFT round also counted towards the Oaks Open summer league I have updated the leader board - its still Roger out in the lead but plenty who could catch him!

Scores are on the attached link - look at the last entry on the thread.
    http://610454.xobor.com/t285486f9-Oa...e.html#msg9721

Wahey! my 5 mins has turned into 10 mins of fame
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

Very many thanks to all at the Oaks who set the course today. Really clever and very much enjoyed!

Thanks also from everybody at Horsham for the series; with a special 'thank you' to all those who made it possible. It ran really smoothly and was an absolute delight from start to finish.

We're very much looking forward to hosting the 'end of season finale' and are looking forward to seeing you all there.

Very best wishes,

PJ

Thanks to the hosting club, course setters, restaurant staff & office people for a well thought out, albeit tough, last round.
    Having only made three rounds this year as I was a little late starting me & my lad shall try to make it to a lot more rounds next year.

Target placement was pretty clever & I now have less hair after missing those 'oh so easy' shots I thought I would have nailed, my lad chuckled like a muppet when I trod in a cow turd, made his week, sorry he can't comment he went to bed early for some strange reason , he did a lot better this time as we had a change around with his stock so he will hone his skills for next year.

Great weather & atmosphere made for a very nice day cheers to all involved.

An extremely tricky little wind and great target placement made for a top shoot !!! Thanks to Mike for the pair up and Nigel for helping out checking the course,I think every one should be given the opportunity to have a bash at checking a course it's how you learn imo.

Nigel didn't miss much on the course checking, always a crappy job as you take on responsibility and therefore the 'stick'

There was never any intention to make the targets so dingy, infact part of the range traps relied on you seeing the target clearer...

Either way, only a few whistles and lots of glum faces (one of them mine..) just my kinda shoot!

Jean travelled 120 miles to see us ...considering she only lives 70 miles away, that there is dedication in the extreme!..

Ha! that was almost as funny as missing my first 5 targets....how i laughed...
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thanks Oakies for a perfect way to end another fantastic series of SIHFT, course had everything to make you smile, scratch your head, wonder what the hell happened to your pellet then you look around at the surrounding farmland and sea views then the day doesn't seem all that bad.

A massive thank you has to go to all the participating clubs that make the series what it is, a special THANK YOU goes to Charles, Biggles and all involved in the behind the scenes organisation. It couldn't be done without you guys.

Course setting, checking and everything it involves is never easy but again without each clubs members putting in their spare time we wouldn't have the fantastic clubs and courses in our region that we do. We should congratulate each other and have pride in the results of those efforts.

It was great to see Jean 'I need a new sat nav' Greatrex travel all that way to take part in the series as well as all the new faces that have taken part throughout the summer. Let's hope we see more participate in the Southern Hunter Series.

See you all at the fun day.

Cheers everyone,
    Justin
    ISP Airstream MKIII No33 in a Tilly Walnut Stock

A Big Thank you to all those involved with the SIHFT, another very enjoyable and excellently run competition
    Great Fun!

So what happened at Mile Oaks??? Where was the wind and rain that is normally in store when we (meon) shoot there!

Well done to us Meon boys, top score, and if I didn't have a do-nut on No1(hit the trigger before I was ready Doh!) I would have been up there with our Kev, top team for the day and just loosing out to Buxted by 1 point for 2nd, Not a bad effort

See you all at Horsham.......hmm? I wonder what the Meon boys will be wearing this year

ATB
    Mike.
    Last edited by happydad; 12-09-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10Χ42
    Beware the man with one gun.

What do you expect when the Sat Nav dumps you at the end of the road without a clue as to where a field full of cows is, with a motley bunch of peeps waiting to shoot those funny yellow things?!!! Thanks Spongey for talking me in, think I now know Mile Oak road quite well!!! Didn't help with the Dartford bridge only having one lane open and long queues at 07.45 even though there wasn't much happening!! Anyone who travels that way, be aware that they have overnight (10.00 - 05.30) closures from now till the end of March 2017.

Anyway, it was worth the journey (luckily the return was uneventful!) and thanks to Charles and Biggles for your company round the course. An excellent course with some very clever range traps, especially in the wood. As it was such a beautiful sunny day, shooting the woods second made it very hard to see a lot of the targets as there was a lot of reflective light!! Thought with my good start, I was going to nail it today - the wood decided otherwise!!! 2 donuts!!!!!!

It's been a brilliant series and I've thoroughly enjoyed shooting the ones that I was able to. Many thanks to all the Sussex clubs for allowing MAD to put in a team. To all the course setters and, of course, Charles and Mike for all your hard work on the admin front.

Unfortunately I won't be able to join the fun at Horsham on the 9th (and I do know how to get there without a Sat Nav!!!), due to a family commitment as my daughter is home from Australia - suppose I could bring them all to Horsham? ----------------

Many thanks, again, for a great series. Well done to all the winners and the Oakies for winning the series yet again!!!!!!!!

Jean xx
    M.A.D.