Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
I have a small permission and its open to dog walkers so I only shoot at night (rabbits) also close by are some houses, so I am very conscious of noise, not so much of spooking the quarry but more not to draw attention to myself.

I have a CZ .22 and use RWS subs

I started with a WildCat whisper, which I found was OK but was never that impressed so I hunted for something better and after reading a load of reviews I got myself a ASE Utra, now honestly this does have to be the best I have ever found and have been using it for a while. But as good as it is it has one major problem, it's heavy, like really heavy...

I saw an advert for the A-TEC Wave and thought I would try one, first this is it a tad shorter and massively lighter and very well made...

Testing this at the club I found that it's not as good as the ASE but it's VERY close and very hard to tell the difference, so for something smaller and lighter I thought it was really impressive. My only other finding at 50 yards the POI was about an inch higher. Groups the same.

So for the size, cost, build quality I am very impressed.

Dave
Really? Yes ok compared to an ali air rifle mod or rimmy mod but its still not that heavy especially compared to most CF mods out there, the baffles are steel and IF you ever managed to eat through them through heavy use with a magnum rimfire a new set is about £11! Its the only rimmy mod I now use across 3 rifles, the SAK and Sirrocco have been sold on.