Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-TEC wave moderator

A-TEC wave moderator

I have a small permission and its open to dog walkers so I only shoot at night (rabbits) also close by are some houses, so I am very conscious of noise, not so much of spooking the quarry but more not to draw attention to myself.

I have a CZ .22 and use RWS subs

I started with a WildCat whisper, which I found was OK but was never that impressed so I hunted for something better and after reading a load of reviews I got myself a ASE Utra, now honestly this does have to be the best I have ever found and have been using it for a while. But as good as it is it has one major problem, it's heavy, like really heavy...

I saw an advert for the A-TEC Wave and thought I would try one, first this is it a tad shorter and massively lighter and very well made...

Testing this at the club I found that it's not as good as the ASE but it's VERY close and very hard to tell the difference, so for something smaller and lighter I thought it was really impressive. My only other finding at 50 yards the POI was about an inch higher. Groups the same.

So for the size, cost, build quality I am very impressed.

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Had one a while now great little mod.

Pardon my intrusion on an A-Tec thread,

Just wanted to comment on the weight as mentioned by DaveC, yes that is one of the reasons why we decided to introduce the new ECO .22 suppressor.

Lighter, simpler to clean and more economic in price, compared to our DUAL suppressor.

The DUAL is still more effective on a pistol length barrel, but the ECO and DUAL are pretty much equal on a rifle barrel.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    Pardon my intrusion on an A-Tec thread,

Just wanted to comment on the weight as mentioned by DaveC, yes that is one of the reasons why we decided to introduce the new ECO .22 suppressor.

Lighter, simpler to clean and more economic in price, compared to our DUAL suppressor.

The DUAL is still more effective on a pistol length barrel, but the ECO and DUAL are pretty much equal on a rifle barrel.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors
    Hi Tuukka,

Is the ECO available in the UK? Also do you have an idea how much it will cost here?

I have one on my hmr and I am very happy!! 👌👌
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

Can the a-tec wave be used on a regular 22wmr?

I have just bought the Atec Wave and I am looking forward to trying it out.
    It looks nicely made and is very light and one of the few mods I could easily find with 1/2" 28TPI UNEF thread.

Gusty any review yet?
    Be interested to know how it performs on an airgun.

Thumbs up

Me too Baloo.
    I will have to go and buy one to fit it onto.

Ahhhh. The old UNFF and UNF issue. I will get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I have a small permission and its open to dog walkers so I only shoot at night (rabbits) also close by are some houses, so I am very conscious of noise, not so much of spooking the quarry but more not to draw attention to myself.

I have a CZ .22 and use RWS subs

I started with a WildCat whisper, which I found was OK but was never that impressed so I hunted for something better and after reading a load of reviews I got myself a ASE Utra, now honestly this does have to be the best I have ever found and have been using it for a while. But as good as it is it has one major problem, it's heavy, like really heavy...

I saw an advert for the A-TEC Wave and thought I would try one, first this is it a tad shorter and massively lighter and very well made...

Testing this at the club I found that it's not as good as the ASE but it's VERY close and very hard to tell the difference, so for something smaller and lighter I thought it was really impressive. My only other finding at 50 yards the POI was about an inch higher. Groups the same.

So for the size, cost, build quality I am very impressed.

Dave
    Really? Yes ok compared to an ali air rifle mod or rimmy mod but its still not that heavy especially compared to most CF mods out there, the baffles are steel and IF you ever managed to eat through them through heavy use with a magnum rimfire a new set is about £11! Its the only rimmy mod I now use across 3 rifles, the SAK and Sirrocco have been sold on.
    Thanks for looking

I came across the atec wave early this year. I think it cost £28 new. It looked well made, compact and lightweight so thought I'd try it out for my semi auto rimfire. And I was really Impressed. It was much better than the sak it replaced. I'd say not only was it smaller/lighter it was also quiter. Aesthetically it was better aswell. The sak is known as a good all rounder, now I'd say it's the atec. I'm not sure it comes apart like the sak does though Wich isn't big issue .

a tech wave a good bit of kit.

I have an a tech wave on my kriss defiance 22lr. At first I wasn't impressed because it felt like it was a plastic can and wouldn't last 10 rounds, but I have now had hundreds of rounds through it and I can report it is sooo quite with cci standard volocity and i have never had any problems with it. Very pleased.

Have to agree will pretty much everything that’s been said , I have a Atec wave and a CM . And there very very good on my .22 LR have also used them both to great affect on my .22 hornet.

Good review, sounds a good moderator