Thread: Is any of this info any use for home loding

Is any of this info any use for home loding

Hi lads.
    Been getting some reloading equipment for 223, im nearly ready to start.
    Sako 50g arrowheads (factory load) when i tried them 3 days ago put all three through the same hole, question ? can i use any of this data towards reloads, ie bullet seating depth, this bullet over all length is the shortest factory load ive used, the rifle is a Tikka lite in 223 1 in 12 twist.

Thanks Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

The COL would be useful, but ideally with a comparator as the bullet shape will most likely be different.

But my guess is if it shoots factory that well is will shoot a range of bullets (within the twist rate range) well.

It should give you a lot of confidence that you can produce good shooting loads.

Happy reloading.

Reloading

If this is your first reloading I recommend you find an experienced reloader for some help and guidance...most clubs run reloading courses of some sort. The Lyman reloading manual would also be useful.

amc577

You could try emailing Sako and asking them what is the nearest civilian powder to the commercial one that they use in their factory loads then if they're willing to share disassemble one and find the powder weight.

Some manufacturers will, some wont

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    The Sako arrowhead is a Nosler ballistic tip that is made for Sako. If you measure the OAL length of the factory stuff and load to a ballistic tip of the same weight to the same length you will likely get good results.

The powder in the cartridge is unlikely to be available to reloaders and even if it were you should treat such data as belonging to a different batch of powder than the one in the factory ammo.

This is means you would have to work up anyway so you may as well do that in search of a good accurate load than weighing the powder in the Sako stuff.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.